iPad Aqua Forest - Free??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Charley, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm at work so I can't verify with iTunes at this moment but just browsed AppShopper and noticed that Aqua Forest is free now??
    Now that's quite the price slash...

2. Ebola

Ebola Active Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Over there -->
    I tried to download it right away this morning, but iTunes store said it was in the process of being updated or something to that effect. I just checked again and the price is back up to $7.99.

Bummer.

3. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I brought this on the day the app store first opened. It's an interesting game but it's not very responsive at all. On some of the levels the lag in things moving is painful. I've just checked the app store as well and notice that it's never been updated either, so presumably the game play is exactly the same now. Although a different game, Enigmo also involves particle-based physics and doesn't have the same problems of Aqua Forest.

4. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hudson is supposed to have 3 of their games for free through the 12th in honor of the Tokyo Game Show. Aqua Forest, NeoSameGame and Catch the Egg are the games in question. Last I looked at iTunes, all three were at full price.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I checked as well and they are all still full price at the moment. I'd like to pick up Aqua Forest. I liked playing with something like this on my desktop. It had slowdown too, so I think the physics are just pretty processor intensive and so slowdown on the iPhone wouldn't be a surprise. Catch the Egg sounds so dumb that I'd love to get it for free and see what the deal is with it. NeoSameGame is a game that has been done too much already, but I'll try it if it is free.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I have read that (the lag) in multiple reviews and why I never purchased Aqua Forest.
    I did purchase Enigmo and still play it to this day. One of the best games out there. There's the occassional frustration with it pausing and not registering that you want to move one of the pieces but it still ranks as one of my personal favourite games in the AppStore.

7. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

There is lag, but then, the nature of the game is so way ahead of something like Enigmo - which is also a great title, but the physics involved there is vastly simpler. There's something quite wonderful about being able to draw a blob of water, release your finger, and have it coalesce and fall realistically into or onto whatever's beneath it.

Now, if there were only a Second Life viewer for the iPhone.. :D (I know it's all but impossible, for now, without a substantial team working on it full-time, but it doesn't hurt to dream)

8. nguyenvn

nguyenvn Member

Oct 7, 2008
    If you click see all reviews, it shows that its free. I'm kinda scared to click it tho, since it might charge the $7.99. Not sure what is up.

9. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    looks like it was briefly free. maybe a mistake?

arn

10. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    TGS is from the 9th to the 12th. Maybe Apple made it free too soon.

11. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I had such big hopes for this game because the graphics are beautiful and the concept was pretty unique. I'd never played anything like it before. Unfortunately, like it was mentioned in prior posts, it was so graphics/processor intensive that the lag made it unplayable. I erased it a long time ago, but checked quite frequently for an update. Unfortunately, thus far, it hasn't happened. Oh well. The great thing about the iPhone, though, is that there always seems to be at least one developer who can take a good concept and make it better. We'll see.

12. crapz1967

crapz1967 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Just a few hours ago I saw the price drop on the TA main page. I went into the iPod App Store, searched for Aqua Forest and in the list view of results it showed up as 5.99€ (7.99$), in detailed view it was free. So I quickly "bought" and downloaded it, for FREE. It seems like it was just the right moment...

13. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    what's TGS?

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Tokyo Games Show

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    can someone please contact the deb and see what's up and then post the results!?!? Pls and thx!

16. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    oh okay i get it i saw that before in the replies sorry

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
  18. eedray

eedray Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Student, hopefully developer by summer
    BTW email is reedrwalter@gmail.com
    theconcept of the game is good the thing that makes me mad is they never let it mature. They should have had a player submitted data base of puzzles to choose from like enigmo. Instead your stuck with a few puzzles that are super short and easyand a watered down falling sand game. I was really unsatisfied with this

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Just got the game for free over the mobile app store

Everyone who missed it should check again

20. Jacson-X

Jacson-X Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Borneo Island