Apptees.com

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by indyraider4, Mar 10, 2009.

1. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    #1 indyraider4, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    I am not from apptees.com but I would love to see a developer's take on it. Some have jumped upon the band wagon, but seeing the huge following of fans for some games, this would be a great way to advertise! I would wear a Sway T-shirt or a Zenbound-shirt or one for field runners, or edge or rolando or toy bot diaries or.... the list goes on and on, but no really big devs like ngmoco, freeverse, or gameloft havent joined. Do you think, as devs, this is a smart thing to become a part of? and do any of you plan on signing up for it?

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I think it's a good idea with some minor revenue from the sale of t-shirts. From a marketing perspective, I think it's not going to really get you many extra sales.

arn

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    If i were a dev, i wouldnt, i honestly thing it is a really stupid idea. Who would pay for a shirt with a logo from any game on it, let alone an iphone game?

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    True, but who wouldn't love a novelty? I wouldn't mind having a Zen Bound T-Shirt just for the heck of it.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Can't say i'd wear any of those teeshirts.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Even for me, a TA regular, it seems kinda nerdy :p

7. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Truedat.

8. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    You know, that actually sounds cool! I want a tee-shirt made for my app when it comes out!! I would wear a tee-shirt for other games also, but I wouldn't order them online. If I saw them at a fair or something (or maybe sell them at Nordstoms = sp?, that's where my mom shops and then she would have to get me one), I would get it.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    If you want to make a tee about an app then you need to approach it differently then just using a apple/itunes square with tons of colour and images, you need to be more suttle, in example, like the regular apple logo.

Example, use a silhouette and only 2 colours, maybe add text.

Tee's which you can't work out the logo or image instantly are some of the best (IMO)

10. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

as a graphic designer for a game that has a somewhat artisan approach to its visual image, i would stay away from places that tend just to stick the logo on their shirts. especially since their website design makes me doubt whether the print quality is any good, usually attention to details goes all the way.

might be wrong though, i often am. and people who want process prints on their tees usually don't care about the quality as much as my filthy kind does. :)

11. Ha - it was cool to stumble on this thread. I love the thought that they're 'Nerdy'. :)

I've just given out 3 of the BurnBall Tribes t-shirts as part of the Tribes game - the players fought hard for them.

http://apptees.com/shirts/15

12. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    See. If I had burnball (the only reason I don't is because I got dr. awesome first, but still realize the talent of the burnball devs and do look forward to their future releases in hopes they will not be similar to games I have already purchased) I would fight for one of those shirts too. I actually was thinking about getting a "bigger in russia" shirt for sneezies!

13. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    Me! if I really like the game that much