Appstore Marketing 101 by Professor Natron

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Natron, May 3, 2010.

1. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd hope so since it's adware

2. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    Excuses made for this game are laughable. If you can't hit the ball on this game it isn't your fault. First off, the pitch speed between a changeup and fastball is barely noticeable, and curves and sliders don't break when hitting either.
    Secondly your bat curser is much to slow in movment up and more so down.
    So if your wondering why you always pop the ball up or hit a homerun when you are lucky to get a hit and not strike out. Don't wonder any longer. It's just a flawed game and being flawed in this crucial aspect of the game makes it worthless. Comparing the hitting mechanic in this game to Homerun Battle is an insult to that game.

More flaws such as batters taking off for first base on a wild pitch when the count is 1-1 make it laughable.

Go ahead and delete and belittle the truth now TA.

3. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Oh hey, look, professor Natron is back, with how to make a game. Oh wait, he didn't say how to make one. He didn't give constructive criticism at all. He just purposely trashed the game.

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #64 ImNoSuperMan, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    Hi,

I was so intrigued by Professor Natron's helpful advice here, I couldn't help but wonder if there was more to him than just this.

A mere look at his recent posts was more than enough to make me realize it wasn't going to be a waste of my time. Not just his work was educative but I also found out that Professor natron has been trying really hard to save us idiots from the perils of the craps in Appstore. From warning us about a worthless game, to making sure no dev would be left from criticism if they ever make an appstore blunder, to educating us about promo code lurkers, their mentality, how their actions result in misguiding others who see their reviews, and the fact that if there is a promo code available for a game, then the game is most definitely terrible and not worth anyone's time. In his own words "nothing good in life is free" or something like that?

He's not the one to shy away from burning his own cash just to save us from buying apps like "zombie survival", which we all would have ended up buying as soon as we saw it, had it not been for the timely intervention by Professor natron.

In fact I was so moved by professor's earlier work, I decided to share it all with everyone and compiled it in a single thread here..

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=54645

Hope you guys learn something from him :)

Share and enjoy.

IMNS

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mmm... if I were a developer, I would wait until the game was 100% complete and ready to be submitted to Apple (or even approved with a release date a week or so ahead) before I started marketing, it would build a large amount of hype quickly and ensure that the hype is not drawn out so much as to lead to disappointment.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hype takes longer than a week.