Appsniper!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pablo19, Nov 21, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I'll try that thanks ;)

2. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    The server was down for about 9 hours the other day which was why there were no updates. Things should be back to normal.

Very interesting about resetting the database fixing the crashes. Everyone else who is experiencing crashes -- can you try resetting the DB and see if that fixes the problem for you?

3. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I'd get some crashing once in a while, but yesterday was the first time I had a bad case of it, it crashed over and over when loading. I ended up rebooting the phone, and it worked ok then.

One feature I'd love to see is for it to not loose track of what it just downloaded so quickly. Like if you were to get a fresh update, I'd like to see the ability to go buy an app you find, then come back and it decide to not have to refresh and have nothing. Like if it did something like check to see if it synced with the server in the past 5 or 10 minutes, to not do it again.

4. wisegrape

wisegrape Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Ditto on both points. I also had Appsniper crash a few times after the update. iPhone reboot corrects the issue.
    I too would like to see Appsniper be able to keep track of recent price drops and new apps while I navigate from Appsniper to purchase an app then go right back to Appsniper to check out and perhaps buy more apps :D

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Is AppSniper updates more faster than AppShopper?

So far I think iTunes Store gets updated more faster than AppShopper. Couldn't tell much about AppSniper though.

6. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry about the memory and crashing issues guys. We're close to making a submission that should address these. We had done some beta testing prior to our last release, but apparently it wasn't to a large enough group to detect these issues.

We will be addressing the issue of keeping track of recent updates even if you exit the app, but that will be in a future release. Our first priority is to issue this hotfix for the memory/crashing issue.

In terms of updates, all sources, whether it's AppSniper, AppShopper, PinchMedia, Apptism, etc. will all lag the actual App Store. It's simply the nature of how the data is obtained. In some cases some apps will appear first in AppShopper, in other cases, it'll appear first in AppSniper.

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Is there any way to alphabetize the apps that you have sniped?

8. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Currently the list is in the order that you added them, but we will be adding additional sorting options in an upcoming release.

9. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Glad you are still working on making appsniper one of the most useful applications to iphone/ipotch users worldwide

10. Appsniper is so much improved since its debut. Has manual synching which is so appreciated. I think only thing left is if it could remember the app it was on or where in the list it was upon exit. So one could click buy and come back where one was just like the Appstore app does on the iphone.

Also when you snipe something say it's $3.99 and it says $2.99 Track Any Sale. So I imagine that will notify you of any price reduction. However, if I choose $1.99 would it only notify me of $1.99 sale and not $0.99 and $2.99?

11. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    If you click on the "buy" button with 1.6, it will retain the "updated" list, ie the items marked in brown when you come back in. This was just a quick fix for a common case, but we are going to do a better job of handling this properly in an upcoming release.

If you choose $1.99, it will "hit" on $1.99 or $0.99 (ie equal or less than the price you've specified), but will not generate a hit if it goes to $2.99.

The "any sale" was added in the quotes because people it was unclear to many people how to watch for "any" price reduction. If you choose the default, which is $1 below the current price, any price reduction will show up as a hit.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer. We need to add some in-app documentation because there are a few areas that some people might find confusing.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know, happy customer here. (actually already did via email). Customer service is aces @Manta!

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I second that!

14. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Ah good, I was going to say I'd like a button to push outside of the preferences to tell it to sync when you don't have it auto-sync. I finally turned the auto-sync off because I leave AS at some point often enough that it bugs me that I've lost track of what was new, but if that's going to be addressed in the future, then never mind. :)

15. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Love it when Devs respond to user-issues and fix 'em. The latest update to AppSniper is a real improvement, thanks!

16. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Just wondering which database does Manta Research uses to keep track of Apple iTunes Store app.

17. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I love AppSniper! Soo useful. It payed for itself within a day of purchase!

18. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    We have our own database and servers.

19. Silverye

Silverye Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Superb app - but I've been having memory problems with the latest update and had it crash/quit out completely a couple times.

Edit - just read the previous page where it's stated that a new update is coming that will hopefully fix the issues- good news :)

20. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    ok i need to know if appsniper is worth getting?? i mean i could just keep checking new games here!!!is appsniper more accurate????