Appsniper!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pablo19, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    #81 Manta Research, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    MrCharley: When you type in "bons" into the search bar, what do you see? I see "Bonsai Blast" and "Bonsai Tree". I just tried with the canadian storefront as well, and don't see a problem entering the snipe. VERY odd!

If you'd like, you can email us directly at our support email address and we can help you work through this.

rixm: I reproduced the problem right after I saw your post, but have not been able to get it to happen again. Do you still see this issue?

2. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks for the response. I'll let you know if I come across anymore bugs. I appreciate your involvement with the customers.

3. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    @Manta: Where and how do you receive the prices?

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hey Manta Research,

I just wanted to thank you here as well for taking the time to personally respond and addressing my concern via support email. The issue has been resolved, and now I'm able to snipe Bonsai Blast. All I need now is for it to go on sale! :)

It seems to have been fixed with a simple reinstall of the app.
    I appreciate the other support options you had provided.

Thanks again.

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Nothing changed till now. Still the wrong App History for BiiBall 3D.

6. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Habakuk,

Sorry we have been running into some issues with our history information and are working to resolve them. We've made changes which will improve this situation going forward, but there are still a few outliers like BiiBall which we need to address.

7. skathir

skathir Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I have had a number of crashes while using this. Tends to happen while im scrolling through list of new apps or on sale items. In one instance caused my iPhone to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also noticed I cannot see SimCity since its been released. I have configured App Sniper with store filter set to Australia and to display pricing in Australia dollars. I tried searching for it in Snipes as well. As soon as I set the filter to US store then it appears. This app is definitely for sale in Aus as I can see it AppStore.

8. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    It has crashed a couple of times on me, too.
    Every time it crashed I was on Edge, could that be why? :confused:

9. skathir

skathir Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Thats quite possible. As I have noticed while using the app in 3G. Maybe it only happens when using the cellular network not wifi.

10. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    #90 Manta Research, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    We have discovered some instances where we are not robustly handling the situation where there is a temporary connection drop, which can then lead to a crash. This is most likely to happen over 3G. Low memory conditions can also cause problems right now. A reboot is recommended if you're seeing odd behaviour or crashing to help free up memory fragmentation caused by other apps. We hope our next release will address some of these stability issues by handling these failure conditions in a more graceful manner.

We also realize that there are issues with our current support for stores other than the US store. We are working to address this so that all stores will be correctly supported.

11. rixm

rixm Active Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Yes, I still get the problem every time I try to ban a developer.

Currently my banned list has 1 entry "Ken Tortmaru" If I search from snipe, for "My" as in "My Boss" and attempt to ban this developer I get "This seller is already on your ban list"

There is only one seller on my ban list and that's all I've ever been able to get on the list (doesn't seem to matter who the 1 seller is)

If I delete the one and only entry I can add a new one but then the same cycle again. Can only add the one.

I've uninstalled the app and re-installed it. No change. If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.

Rich

12. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    #92 DanM, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
    Awesome App, I just bought it. Hopefully I will be able to get some bargains :)

EDIT: It's a shame theres no option to find newly updated apps :(

13. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Good luck, with the exception of the New Years eve sale there hasn't been much going on for the last month. I haven't seen a snipe since early December. Perhaps the app store market is starting to stabilize a bit. That would be good for the devs at least.

As a small aside, I emailed the appsniper developers about adding a word filter so that we could filter out all those ridiculous farting apps and they said it is on their todo list.

14. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    We are adding a feature for the next release that will allow you to monitor application updates as well.

15. Silverye

Silverye Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Superb app - very happy with my purchase and delighted to hear about the new features coming.

16. mek

mek Well-Known Member

as much as i enjoy this app, which i do
    it appears that as soon as i purchased it a month or so ago, developers stopped with their price fluctuations, at least on the 30-40 apps i have sniped

the logic of it paying for itself on the first snipe, has not occured yet, i am still holding my breath -haha

but i do recommend the app, and enjoy it very much...plus it keeps getting better

17. Wasted

Wasted Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I love this app since it's faster to see the new releases than through the appstore app.

18. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    #98 MaskU2See, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Can't find app for sniping

Anyone else having small issues with this app?

Been trying to snipe Retro Cave Flyer, International Snooker, Save Benjis and Rolly.
    None of those apps appear when i try to search in AppSniper.

Anyone else with this issue, or is it me?

Thanks,

Rob

19. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Try change your store location in the config menu. Also for retro thingy, try putting in 'retro' then looking through the results, worked for me :)

20. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Thanks Dan.

I tried that, still nothing.

When i type "ret" only retro Lite shows up.

Maybe its some sort of a bug that will be fixed soon.