Appsniper!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pablo19, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Mr. Charley,

Yeah unfortunately we had a problem with the way we were doing the searching in our DB which prevented certain apps from showing up. We've got a hotfix that we submitted to Apple yesterday that should address this.

I just double checked and Bonsai Blast does exist in our backend DB and I can create a snipe for it with the new version. Sorry for the inconvenience!

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for the quick response and honesty.
    I appreciate that an update has already been submitted which should resolve this.

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#63 Habakuk, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    Something doesn't seem to work accurately. At appshopper.com they are showing several price changes in the last weeks for BiiBall 3D (as mentioned before in this thread) but when I am looking for that app via AppSniper's "Snipes" its "App History" shows a constant price of 0.99 (0,79 Euro) for 90 days... See attachment or try it out.

Even better than the fixed 90 days would be a dynamic time range since the launch of an application.

Attached Files:

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The recent update has made this app soooo much better and more efficient. Anyone who is thinking about buying this should definitely get it!

5. The update is indeed nice. I think the only one thing they need to add to actually make it usable is: In the config section allow us to turn off auto update. Then add a manual update there as well. Now after you click on something 25 items down and launch app store when returning to Appsniper it'll resume exactly where you left off. If it did that I could actually use it.

6. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    I love this app, it has a few bugs right now but i am sure it will be fixed soon

I am from Canada and I have it.

7. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Sniper doesn't work reliably.

I had BombBlocks in my Snipe-list and it didn't show the recent price drop after many hours, even though the "Price drops" list already showed the price drop. Viewing the details displayed a popup "Price has changed", but even after that the Sniper didn't realize the price change and still showed the old one.

It's quite useless to have Sniper functionality if you can't rely on it.

8. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    #68 Manta Research, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    Sorry, we accidentally broke snipe functionality with the 1.3 drop. We made an immediate fix and submitted to Apple on Monday but are still awaiting approval. That will fix the snipe issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.

EDIT: Version 1.4 just got approved and snipes should be working again!

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Hi Manta,
    1.4 went live last night and hopefully fixed the sniping issue, but I'm still unable to make a snipe for Bonsai Blast. It still doesn't exist. Any word on another fix?

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Dude, I posted this weeks ago, it has been available for the whole word for quite some time now.

11. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Mr Charley,

Which country filter are you using? It should be working, I've tested it here, and verified that it exists in our DB.

12. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #72 CBraun53, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    My snipes are still not working correctly. It still shows for me that raging thunder is $1.99 even though I believe it is currently $3.99. Even when I search it again in appsniper it says $1.99 (current price).

Edit: nevermind raging thunder is back to $1.99. But before when it was $3.99 it was still showing it at $1.99, hopefully this had been fixed in this update.

13. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    raging thunder is at 1.99 everywhere,

14. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    What's your point? I never said it was a matter of location. I said that Raging Thunder use to be on sale for $1.99 then went back up to $3.99 (which was not shown in my snipes) and now it is back to $1.99.

http://appshopper.com/games/raging-thunder (check the app activity).

15. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Wait, I don't get it,

it didn't tell you when it went on sale? it went on sale b4 the sniper update that might be why.

It didn't tell you that the price went up? thats not what its supposed to do

:confused:

16. rixm

rixm Active Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Banned sellers list problems?

Anyone else having trouble with the banned sellers list?

Once I "ban" one seller, whenever I try to add other sellers it says I've already added that seller to the list when in fact I haven't.

BTW, recent improvements have made this a very handy app overall! Nice to see the dev is continuing to improve the app!

Rich

17. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    When the app was $3.99 it did not reflect the correct price. Appsniper said the program was $1.99, I'd click buy and it would take me to the app store where the program would be $3.99.

Yes, it was before the update as I said in my post when I realized it (the same post that you quoted).

18. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Cbraun: Please email us at [email protected] if you see any other pricing issues so we can correct them immediately. We occasionally get out of sync with the app store and we're making improvements that will hopefully eliminate this.

rixm: DARN! Thanks for pointing that out. It WAS working when we first put it in -- must have broken somewhere along the way. I'll put that on our todo list for next release. Sorry about that!

19. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I'm using Canada

20. rixm

rixm Active Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Thanks for the quick reply! Nice to see you're so interested in making appsniper better and better!

Rich