Appsniper worth it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 1337brian, Dec 15, 2008.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    go to the snipe area and add new, type in Monopoly and it will show as Monopoly Here and now edition... I just tried it 5 seconds ago... :confused:

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    ok, it does not work.

however, i changed the store filter from UK > United States and it then shows.

Monopoly is on the UK store, why does it not show on appsniper?

3. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Doh! My fault, I didn't know you were in UK, that would make sense then... Hmmm weird that it's in the UK appstore but not showing in appsniper, They could be doing an update or price change currently, That has been known to take a game off the store for a few hours -> a few days...

4. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i really don't see the need for app sniper all u really have to do is book mark touch arcade new games page and add it to your home screen but that's just me I'm cheap lol:D

5. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    How do you keep track of all the "maybe" purchases? I check appshopper for all the new stuff, but I use appsniper now to keep track of all my backburner purchases (Stuff I'm to cheap to buy currently)...

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    don't have it and don't think it's worth it. sorry (i know this post will make ppl mad). but there's a site called appshopper. u check it once in a while and BAM!

7. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    I bought the app but ended up deleting it. The big omission for me was not including updated apps. I also didn't like being bounced out of the app when I touched "Buy" and then having to reopen Appsniper only to have to scroll through to where I was before I was bounced. I use Apptism to keep track of the price changes and also to follow apps I'm interested in.

8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    We said that it doesn't show updated apps. And I think it's pretty obvious that it sends you to the appstore to buy it when you touch buy. :confused:

9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    :):p:)

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I find the problem with apptism is that anytime there's a new article on an app, a user review, no matter how old the app is, it jumps back to the front of the line/page.
    I find it to be a very disorganized website

11. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    That and also the site is updated sooooooooooo slooooooooooooow, Appshopper and Appsniper are much much quicker.

12. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi jwbrent,

Very sorry to hear that the app didn't live up to your expectations. We will be bringing out the ability to monitor updates in the next major release. Clicking buy necessarily takes you to the app store, but we are investigating bringing you back to the same spot in the list when you launch the app next time. Feel free to give it another try once we release the next version to see if it better meets your requirements.

re: Monopoly

We're investigating the issue of Monopoly. When we query the various stores, the only ones it shows up on is Canada and the US, which is why it gets filtered out if you select a different country's store. I suspect that it was launched with a different ID in the other countries, and we'll see if we can add that in.

13. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    I didn't explain myself very well. I think I should just say that the functionality is not quite where I would like and I've gotten used to using Apptism, although it as its issues too, e.g., not using cookies to remember your login.

14. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Actually, I like this functionality since it shows me apps I may have missed that I would like. I have noticed position 3 on the latest activity page is always the same app. Probably a paid for service.

15. jwbrent

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Glad to hear about the pending changes; I'll definitely try it again when the update is out!

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    many thanks,

i love the app anyway :)