Appsniper worth it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 1337brian, Dec 15, 2008.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Hey guys, just wondering if you appsniper users would recommend it... Now I Know which games I want, but i love the idea of tagging an app for price drops. I had heard that it wasn't updating for awhile on the price changes, and people were missing sales and such. Just wondering good or bad if you would suggest I get it... Thanks, 1337B

2. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #2 CBraun53, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    I had a few problems with it earlier but they seem to be fixed with the latest update. I would get the app if I were you. It has saved me a few dollars (a lot more then the .99 cents or however much it cost me to get the app).

I'd also like to add that the developer of the app has been pretty active on these forums which is always a good thing.

On a side note, typing on the iPhone has become increasingly frustrating. There has been a huge lag as of late.

3. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    Its a funny app. It will notice you with price drops and temp for free and stuff..
    If you want to save some bucks you should buy it..

4. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    AppSniper will save you a lot of money, but not just because it'll let you know when an item is in on sale. I use it as my "we'll see" list - games that might be good, but would require positive reviews before a purchase. By doing so, I'm saving a lot of money by not making impulsive purchases, and I'm not losing track of any interesting games that might have slipped under the radar.

The typing lag is noticeable. I think the app is requerying the list every time a character is typed.

5. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    That's what I want it for exactly! If I had a way to keep track of my "possible" purchases, something I will forget but may want in the future, i.e. platypus... Thanks for the feedback guys, gonna go head and get this.
    Thanks again!

6. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I actually meant typing in general, not just for that app. I typed my last post on my iPhone and it was unbearable.

Back on topic, I agree with you about the "possible purchases" list. I've been doing the same thing. It's definitely a great app, and if the developer continues to add features and stays responsive in these forms, then the app will only continue to get better. It's one of my most used apps.

7. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    imo toucharcade + appshopper.com/games are both free and thus way better than appsniper

8. alexbates

alexbates Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Student
    GA, USA
    Yeah, Toucharcade and appshopper are the better way to go unless you want a mobile version that you can check on the go.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I have only good things to say about this great app, it is one of the most useful apps out there and the problems have been addressed with the latest update, there is no reason now to not get it.

And to seal the deal its currently priced at 99 Cents.:)

10. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    I've been using AppSniper for a week (from a recommendation on this forum).
    The latest update fixed a few issues that i was having.

My biggest issue was why do i need this app if i can get on TA and Appshopper every day and check the apps myself. When i realized that AppSniper saves your most wanted apps, i pulled the trigger. No regrets, so far.

DO wish they also had an updated app category, besides new, and on sale.

11. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Ability to tag apps to watch for updates will be in the next major release. In general you're not interested in ALL updates, just the updates for the apps that you care about.

12. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    So far so good, seems to work as advertised... I love being able to keep tabs on all the games I want, just to cheap to get currently :D

13. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    USA
    its a great app. if you see a price drop it practically pays for itself at .99c. must buy. buying apps is so much easier now. and you can keep track of the apps that you want to keep a look at, and when there is a price drop, it alerts you.

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I just bought this today. It seems worth it so far. I have a small lists of apps I'm thinking of getting. Since I'm not buying them right away, this really will help save money.

15. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Sounds great, what's the eta on that release?

16. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I really like it

I've had this for a while now and I really like it. I use it mainly to track new apps that I am waiting to hear/read/see more about before I purchase them. I was noting down names of apps on pieces of paper but I kept losing those. Appsniper lets me track the app, see it's current price (I can even set the app to show me prices in the Australian iTunes store) and I can then choose to buy the app and it will launch the app's iTunes description page for me. It makes keeping track of apps very easy. And of course the dev is very involved and keen to improve the app and to fix any problems that have come up. Which is always a bonus.

17. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    A bit uncertain actually. It's mostly implemented now, and we've added some other small things like currency support for swiss francs, kroner etc but we're debating whether to try and sneak this in before Apple shuts down the approval for christmas or add some of the other big features we're thinking about before we release. I think too many updates can also get annoying for end-users so it may be better to clump a bunch of features into a single update early in the new year.

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Wowwwww

Hey Guys,

thanks to my new home, (HERE :) ) i noticed a few people mentioning this app, and i truly love it!!!

what a cracking-idea, and it works perfectly.

however....

where is monopoly on it?

19. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I found it...?

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    you found it?

i type in monopoly and nothing is shown.