Appsniper Woes (please help)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    My appsniper abruptly stopped this evening! It will not update anymore. I can sync with the server and when I click "new apps" the loading circle goes for about 2 minutes then Appsniper crashes. When I choose "reset app database" it still doesn't update. No matter what I try when I can access the new app section it just has a blank gray screen that says 12 hour, 24 hour, 36 hour, nothing works!!!

Please if you know how to fix it hhhhheeeeeellllllppp! I am lost w/o it. Manta Research, I know you lurkthese forums, respond!:eek: :(

2. <Hollister>

<Hollister> Well-Known Member

Try re-installing it or re-booting your device.

3. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I guess ultimately I'll have to re-install, I just didn't want to lose all my snipes/watch list!:mad:

4. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Rich,

The server is up and running, and I can connect to it fine, so it's something local to your device. Is it just the new tab that is broken? ie does "on sale" list show up fine?

The first thing to try is to reboot your device. To do this, hold the power button down for several seconds until the red slider appears. Then slide and wait until the device has completely powered off. Then turn back on and try launching AppSniper.

If this fails, then I suspect that it may be an issue with a corrupted local file causing the problem. In that case, you should go to the config tab and backup your snipes to our server. Then remove the app from your device, and reinstall it from iTunes. Then launch AppSniper and from the config tab use "Restore from server" to get all of your snipes, bans, and watch's back.

If neither of these work and you're continuing to have problems, the best way to get in touch with us is to email us at our support email, [email protected] where we can help you directly. I check these forums every day, but our support email will get you an answer faster as we check that many times a day.

5. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks Manta, I haven't had a single issue since the update until now. I can pinpoint when this happened, I added Zombieville USA to my watch list then was browsing games and accidentally added it again. Appsniper crashed and problem began.

Thanks for a timely response (as always) and I will try suggested methods now. Thanks again.

6. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the details -- we'll look into seeing if we can reproduce that issue.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Also, when I did that I was on wi-fi. I sent an email to support as I ended up reinstalling to no avail. Now it goes to the syncing page, says 50% and the loading circle keeps spinningand app crashes every time, not phone just app.

8. Manta Research

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi Rich,

Please try again. Of all the crazy things, right after I wrote to you we ended up with a server side glitch which caused it to cause the app to hang while syncing. It's now fixed. Please let us know if you continue to see the original problem.

9. inertiareel

inertiareel New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Have same problem AND only bought and installed today! Would love to see this up and running..
    any help?
    Cheers
    :(

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I had the same problem but just like that it started working again.

11. inertiareel

inertiareel New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Has not worked at all as yet..
    :(

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

@ Manta Research:

is there an update on the horizon

having the appsnipes that fall into the price target you selected or below, if they could appear on the top or be filtered somehow, so you can see exactly which ones are on target would be nice

i have quite a bit of snipes, and it takes awhile to scroll through them all to find out which ones are green

thanks