AppSniper & AppShopping

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by LordCrom, Mar 7, 2009.

?

Developers finding out the average price you want to buy a game for from Snipe&Shopp?

1. Yes please!

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. Hell no!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

#1 LordCrom, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    In your opinion, what do you think the odds are that the developers of AppSniper & AppShopping, share information with game developers about the average price you would pay for one of their games?

If they did, would the developer be happy to get this information, knowing what price would move a significant amount of their product? Or would they be upset because they realize we are, "evil little devils" that wish to pay as little as possible, not allowing them to make all that money at a higher price?

As a consumer, would you be glad the developer had access to your information on how much you were willing to pay for a particular app? Or would you feel it an invasion of your privacy?

I don't believe the game developers have this information and I don't believe the appsniper and appshopping creators would sale our information illegally, but I would like the game developers to know how much I want them to bring down the price of their game so that I can buy it NOW! :)

2. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    aw man..maybe its cause its getting late here and ive been drinking..but i read ur post 3 times i couldnt understand it hahaha but voted yes!

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i think the question is:

would you be mad if appsniper or such shared your price point info with devs?

4. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ohh thanks for da summary man! yah so my 'yes' vote is legit

5. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i think op had more beers than you did, reading his description, I see 3 different questions for the poll, and the poll question is a word jumble, so i'm lost but that's my guess.

6. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ahaha lol glad to see im not the only one not understanding it, cause i didnt drink THAT much..but enough to feel tired now..sleepyzz...night ya'll touchforum...sigh i was gona wait for pocket god update..oh well tmr..

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Would be a nice thought, but you know people would abuse it if they went through with it and that news was made public.

Everyone would set everything to 99 cents (or even free) in hopes the developers would drop the price.

8. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    As the developer for AppSniper, I just want to let you know that we absolutely respect the privacy of our users and will NEVER share your information without your consent. We have had many people write to us telling us that it would be great if we shared this information back with developers, but obviously there are a number of logistical issues with that as well.

A few different things:

1) The App submits your list of snipes to our server when it first connects so that it can get updated prices but we DO NOT store this information.. it gets thrown away immediately. It also does not send us your snipe price, just the app you're interested in.

2) We have a backup snipes/watch list option. This allows you to back up your lists on our server. This stores everything that you have in your snipe/watch/ban list, including snipe prices. However we do not mine this data or share this with anyone. It is purely there for our users convenience and peace of mind. That's it.

We do agree that it would be useful to let devs know if a lot of people are following their app, and what the average price of the snipes are at. But before we instituted anything like this, we would first get consent on a per-user basis before that information were shared.

I hope that clears up our position on this issue.

9. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Heh, I was waiting for manta research to jump in here.

10. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Haha, same with me only that I just smoked a joint (I'm sorry if that is offensive or if it's violating any rules, if it is I will remove that ASAP)