Apps you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's heavy duty enough for you, but there's a free native dictionary app called WeDict at the App Store. :)

2. transer

transer Member

Jul 14, 2008

I'd happily buy this one too. I suspect it'll come pretty soon-there was an ssh available for jailbroken Touches and iPhones, and it worked really well. At least, I'm hoping =/

3. djalice

djalice Member

Jul 15, 2008
    MMS anybody?

A lot of fancy apps. mentioned here but what about a basic MMS app.?

I've been waiting for a phone to replace my trusty (very) old P800 and
    the iPhone is it. Can't believe it can do a very basic phone function.
    My girlfriend uses MMS to send me photos of clothes she's shopping for.
    Now I might actually have to go with her!!! :mad:

Really, come on!

will someone be able to build a MMS app with the SDK?

I would pay serious money for this app.

4. rmroper

rmroper New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I agree with blakespot: SSH would be handy.

Since I can get into my company's VPN, it'd also be useful to be able to:

• See remote SMB shares and files
    • Access remote FTP servers and files
    • Edit text files
    • Access remote machines by VNC, etc.
    • Do basic network testing: traceroute, ping, etc.

... but I guess those are just wishlist items :)

5. girlgeek101

girlgeek101 Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Foreign Apps in App Store

I have always wanted to be able to get French products (audibooks, games for iPod) from iTunes and have been frustrated by it's inability to sell French versions of things unless you are in the France site - and then it tells you that US members can't buy that. I hope that the App Store unites all the languages - maybe a filter to select; English, Spanish, French, German etc. so that you can get to the foreign language games easier. Even better would be that the App Store responds to the current language setting of the phone and offers the apps accordingly to the setting.....

This has always been missing in iTunes in my opinion. It seems that they don't get that a lot of foreigners live in America.

Favorite Games: FADE (strategy/role play), Motus (word game), Blockbuster (breaks up bricks using a paddle that bounces them back up toward the bricks)

Thanks for everything.

6. Auzburner

Auzburner New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Where is the video recording App? Is Apple prohibiting the App store sale of a video recording App? There are already hackable versions, but where's the official one??? Besides previous requests in Apps I've made, this one looks extraordinarily simple, popular, something I could REALLY use and I'm wondering where it is? Any thoughts?

7. Steven Jeffries

Steven Jeffries New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    WHAT"S THAT ?
    Whd he say?

How about an app that turns the Iphone into a HEARING AID so when you're in the back of the room in some wierd conference you can
    A: Stay awake
    B:Hear the important stuff you've been sent there for.

8. aawil

aawil New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    #28 aawil, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
    I was just thinking today. I really wish someone would do a really slick looking universal remote app. I remember a few years ago belkin I think made a laser adapter that plugged into the earphone port on pocket pcs and had remote control software on it. If only I could get something like that on the iphone as an app. The web app ired 2 is kinda what I'm talking about but I don't want the computer on to use it all the time.

*Update*

Actually it was Griffin's Total Remote that I mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/GRIFFIN-TECHNOLOGY-5001-RMT-Total-Remote/dp/B000088OBS

9. fc argyle

fc argyle New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    ported version of Midnight Pool.
    i play it on my old cell phone almost every day i love it so much.

10. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I would love to see a virtual "classic" mode where you can turn the screen into a touch screen version of old ipods with customizable skins, virtual clickwheels, and scroll through your music that way and possibly even play clickwheel ipod games like song summoner. I would love to see virtual cases for them as well.

11. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    A lyrics app?

I heard there was a really good one for the jailbreak, I guess it's not really important, but I just thought it'd be cool. Although I wouldn't pay too much $$ for it... if it comes out, it definitely has to cost lower than $1.99 or $2.99.

12. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
  13. YES!!ZL!!!

YES!!ZL!!! Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Espn?

Does anyone now if ESPN is developing an application to function like their Verizon Mobile ESPN platform?? An iPhone application seems like it would make a great medium for the same functionality and they might not have to contract any deals for the service. That would be an awesome way to access everything ESPN.

14. sethwenen

sethwenen Active Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Mexico
    Classic 5th Generation iPod emulator for iPhone

I vote for that. I really want to play Song Summoner in my iPhone.
    :p

15. gugmi01

gugmi01 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    theres already a few out, theres a good one out there thats free

I think a music vizualizer app would be awesome

16. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Some good music editors. Something like Audacity where that you can speed up YOUR music on your ipod (Not their one song in the app), change pitch, add wah wah & special effects. Then you can export it and listen to it.

17. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    GTA and that might be the mysterious video?

18. mbourgon

mbourgon Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I know that Orb supports a tuner - so if you don't mind leaving your computer on, you can do exactly what you want.

I use Orb to play Xvids that are on my home box. Works great.

19. mbourgon

mbourgon Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    App I'd like to see - bluetooth social

Here's what I want: a bluetooth-based app that can play music, detects if anyone else in range has music on, and offers you the ability to either listen to what they're listening to, or other songs on their ipod. Awesome if stuck in a bus/train/plane, where either there's no wifi, or for those of us with a Touch. Plus the fact that you can run into new music.

Additional feature: a "chat" feature, like an IRC channel, so you can chat with others in range. Basically a note-passing util for those of us stuck in meetings without wifi.

20. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Check this out

This additional "chat" feature that works through blutooth, already out. It's called bluchat. Get it on July 3rd or 4th, (cause it'll be free those days.) Otherwise it's a buck. =D