Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#1161 Habakuk, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Some cool stuff inside, thanks!

BTW some sales. Arpeggionome for iPhone (free for the first time, was US$2.99; MIDI is an IAP option for US$4.99) and Arpeggionome Pro for iPad (EUR17.99 -> EUR13.99 incl. MIDI).

https://itunes.apple.com/app/arpeggionome-for-iphone/id628246058?mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/arpeggionome-pro/id582627943?mt=8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer#Arpeggiator

The simple built-in synth sounds like this (no need of MIDI for that):

MIDI demo:

I have the iPhone version (runs great on iPad as well; identical sounds and features): Recommended!

WerkBench for iPad (€7.99 -> €4.49; but was €3.59 once before)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/werkbench/id522262614?mt=8

Didn't try that. Anyone? (There is an iPhone version as well but it's not on sale.)

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #1162 drelbs, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    I'll second on the recommendation of Arpeggionome - it's a lot of fun controlling other instruments. I just wish it'd respond to MIDI for the root of the arpeggio, so that I could feed it data from another app (say the keyboard or bass part of Guitarism) as that would be just fantastic! If it did that, I'd have had no trouble double-dipping for the iPad version so I could run two instances...

EDIT: The iPad version is not quite identical to the iPhone version - I think it's got a larger surface area/more buttons and more notes per second. Though some people have reported liking the interface layout on the iPhone version better. It's free, and seems like a no-brainer to me. (I paid $3 + 5 IAP for it and am quite happy.)

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thesys MIDI stepsequencer by Sugar Bytes out (iPad only, $14.99). Dunno about this one, there are so many sequencers/step sequencer apps. This one looks kinda fiddly, but it seems to have a really solid MIDI implementation that covers most things (inter-app, wireless and so on).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thesys/id655513441?mt=8

4. IcedB

IcedB Member

May 24, 2012
    Bass Drop Trap - The Trap Music Sampler, Keyboard and Loop Station - Free for Launch

Trap fans and producers can now smoothly perform synthesizer lines, percussion loops and soundscapes using Bass Drop Trap 1.0. It's the ideal Trap music production aid for budding and professional producers wanting to quickly jam ideas, create electronic sounds or perform live. Speedily pick your drum beats and arrange the sample pads to create an arrangement, then perform a melody line with the built in synthesizer.

The app incorporates a keyboard synthesizer with a sound fx and drum loop sampler and loop station. It includes a large range of samples allowing the user to create limitless arrangements and soundscapes. The intuitive user interface facilitates multi-layer sound arrangement whilst offering brisk alteration of sample sounds and quick and easy adjustment of the synthesizer.

Each sample pad provides swift adjustment and full customization of pitch, volume and sample loop durations via the edit menu, as well as a choice of sample sounds including drum loops, snare rolls, percussion, bass sounds, risers, sirens and special fx. The keyboard provides rapid octave shifting, pitch bending and three diverse synths that can be further rendered using the volume envelope adjusters.

The Matrix screen allows the user to swap the keyboard for 12 extra pads and arrange up to 24 touch triggered pads, massively increasing the combination of soundscape arrangements. Each layout can then be saved in up to 3 different banks.

Feature Highlights:
    * Studio quality samples, created by professional musicians and producers
    * Load and save up to 3 different sound bank layouts
    * Shape assigned pads, for straightforward use
    * Pitch resample all samples
    * 24 fully editable sample pads
    * 1 octave keyboard (13 keys) with pitch shifting spanning 5 octaves
    * 3 different synthesizers
    * ADSR and synthesizer volume adjustment
    * 61 drum loops, build ups, grooves, snare rolls, and risers
    * 28 drum kit sounds and percussive fx
    * 12 gunshots, lazers and siren fx

Device Requirements:
    * iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
    * Requires iOS 5.0 or later
    * 15.3 MB

Pricing and Availability:
    Bass Drop Trap 1.0 is free until January 8th, 2013. An HD version for iPad is also free for a limited time. Both applications are available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.

www.freshtouchmedia.com
    iPad Download
    iPhone Download link

5. IcedB

IcedB Member

May 24, 2012
    Bass Drop Trap - The Trap Music Sampler, Keyboard and Loop Station - Free for Launch

Fresh Touch Media have just launched Bass Drop Trap for iPhone and iPad

Trap fans and producers can now smoothly perform synthesizer lines, percussion loops and soundscapes using Bass Drop Trap 1.0. It's the ideal Trap music production aid for budding and professional producers wanting to quickly jam ideas, create electronic sounds or perform live. Speedily pick your drum beats and arrange the sample pads to create an arrangement, then perform a melody line with the built in synthesizer.

The app incorporates a keyboard synthesizer with a sound fx and drum loop sampler and loop station. It includes a large range of samples allowing the user to create limitless arrangements and soundscapes. The intuitive user interface facilitates multi-layer sound arrangement whilst offering brisk alteration of sample sounds and quick and easy adjustment of the synthesizer.

Each sample pad provides swift adjustment and full customization of pitch, volume and sample loop durations via the edit menu, as well as a choice of sample sounds including drum loops, snare rolls, percussion, bass sounds, risers, sirens and special fx. The keyboard provides rapid octave shifting, pitch bending and three diverse synths that can be further rendered using the volume envelope adjusters.

The Matrix screen allows the user to swap the keyboard for 12 extra pads and arrange up to 24 touch triggered pads, massively increasing the combination of soundscape arrangements. Each layout can then be saved in up to 3 different banks.

Feature Highlights:
    * Studio quality samples, created by professional musicians and producers
    * Load and save up to 3 different sound bank layouts
    * Shape assigned pads, for straightforward use
    * Pitch resample all samples
    * 24 fully editable sample pads
    * 1 octave keyboard (13 keys) with pitch shifting spanning 5 octaves
    * 3 different synthesizers
    * ADSR and synthesizer volume adjustment
    * 61 drum loops, build ups, grooves, snare rolls, and risers
    * 28 drum kit sounds and percussive fx
    * 12 gunshots, lazers and siren fx

Device Requirements:
    * iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
    * Requires iOS 5.0 or later
    * 15.3 MB

Pricing and Availability:
    Bass Drop Trap 1.0 is free until January 8th, 2013. An HD version for iPad is also free for a limited time. Both applications are available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.

www.freshtouchmedia.com
    iPad Download
    iPhone Download link

6. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I took the plunge and bought Thesys. And it's just as fiddly to use as it looks on the AppStore screen, some really frustrating design misses. It is however by far the most comprehensive and powerful stepsequencer you'll find on the AppStore. But they really need to stop doing such rush jobs with their ports regarding the interface..

---------

IcedB looks like fun, will check em out. Thanks!

7. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
  8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Traktor DJ by Native Instruments FREE

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/traktor-dj/id592052832?mt=8

9. Habakuk

10. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #1170 chris1a, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    Just a FYI....Currently big apps awaiting approval from Apple at the moment and should be out any day now are Alchemy Mobile and Auria. Alchemy Mobile, not sure what kind of update it is, but one new library will be available "Minimal Techno" that'll also have a bunch of new drum kits, expanding the 3-4 kits available now, sounds really good from the audio demos. Auria, will get extensive MIDI update with sync and control functions (but it's not the "big one" with sequencer etc), much needed toolbar and lots of other stuff.

Edit: Minimal Techno sound set out @ the usual $4.99. And I really like it, really tight sounds. And most sounds in this pack can be changed quite dramatically with the remix pad/sliders (unlike some of the other packs). The 9 new drum kits together with the cool effects the remix pad can add sounds fresh as well.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Vio -> free

Nice voice manipulation app, plenty good for free.

Here's a snippet of me using it.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I should frequent this thread more often. Anyway, get back to me when you start using REAL tools. Like Feline Synth. No...it isn't a recorded cat voice. It's a proper feline vocal synthesizer. Invaluable for the professional musician.

Attached Files:

13. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    omg.. lol

downloaded and playing with this right now. it actually is very creepy :)

14. Habakuk

#1174 Habakuk, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    VERY professional! Metronome™

$1.99 => FREE for the first time since 2011! Mind: There are different features depending if you're running the Universal App on iPad or iPhone. Don't get confused: The name of the app was Tempo before.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Since the forum software goes berserk when you [app info] more than once on a page, here is the link again:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/metronom/id304731501?mt=8

Lite:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/metronom-tempo-lite/id599833596?mt=8

I hope that works because the multi-language app seems to have slightly different names in several countries. The AppShopper link should work anywhere:
    http://appshopper.com/music/tempo

15. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Morphwiz, SampleWiz and Geo Synthesizer will all get the Audiobus treatment any day now. They are at Apple awaiting approval, according to Jordan Rudess (over at disccord.com). I only got SampleWiz, but will definitely take another look at the other ones now.

16. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Metronome seems fantastic! Very impressed. Thanks!

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Mission Accepted.

Did you notice that you can change the cat's eyes' colors?

18. Habakuk

#1178 Habakuk, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Runs on iPad 4 and iPhone 5 BUT without displaying an image or any animation. You can play it but you see only an empty linen canvas. Installed it on my ancient iPhone 4 and there it works well.

Edit: There was an update today and now it works on all devices.

19. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yes, they freak me out :eek: