Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oh!

Just got an itunes card to buy Looptastic Producer and it's gone up from £2.99 to £4.99.

I'll wait until there's a sale - it's not that I think a fiver is overpriced, it's just that, you know, you always want a little bargain with iPhone apps!

2. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I used to wait for a sale on apps that I want but I don't anymore ( the key word here being WANT) ... life's to short and not worth wasting days or weeks on to save a buck or two. Sometimes I catch apps when they're free or on sale and sometimes not .... I figure it all evens out in the end.

3. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmm, so far I have interest in Looptastic, iDrum, and Noise.io. Only thing I don't like about Looptastic and iDrum is the fact that there's more than one app, but I guess that makes it easier to figure out which one you like. For someone with no experience with sound synthesis, which app is good for a newbie like me? I'm hoping to find something thats user friendly but at the same time diverse and could evolve as I get "better". I'm open to any suggestions.

4. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009

Yeah, I agree in general - I don't usually wait for sales etc. However, I've spent a lot on Apps - all 9 pages are filled to the brim, and I have plenty of Music apps like Jasuto/Star Melody etc that I've recently bought to play with atm.

5. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    Is there a decent tablature writing app yet? I've had a go on Guitarist but it seems fiddly and imprecise. Preferably I'm looking for one that supports multiple tracks/instruments and has an easier chord/note input scheme. (something like chordmaster's ui)

6. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    It would be great to have something like Finale or Sibelius.

7. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Yeah, the app store really needs something like Sibelius. Theres just no app for musical notation (like with a real musical score, not just tab). I'd pay $10 for a good musical notation app.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #88 NotYou, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
    I'd pay much more than that for a good one!

I'm surprised that Finale hasn't came out with anything yet. I would absolutely love that.

9. adamsm

adamsm Active Member

May 4, 2009
    i'm not a professional musician, but i really like the FingerPiano :)

10. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    We shouldn't get too far from Wivi Band w/o paying more respect; it is sublime.

Wivi uses instrument modeling vs. samples, and consequently, sounds more realistic than any sampled instrument. Frankly, I couldn't believe it.

http://www.wallanderinstruments.com/

scroll down for the video.

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #91 NotYou, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'm downloading the free version right now.

12. marlenedegrood

Downloading the free version too. I fear that I'm going to love this app but not be a good enough keyboardist to do it justice ... but then ... I love trying :)

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    DigiDrummer Micro is free for 2 weeks.

It's the same is DigiDrummer except it only has 7 drum kits (out of DigiDrummer's 25).

[​IMG]

I have DigiDrummer and I think it's the best drum kit app on the App Store at the moment. I highly recommend the full version if you want more drum kits.

14. CreativeDev

CreativeDev Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Boom just hit the app store today! Help out a bunch of teens by buying it. Boom is like a soundboard of beats, but soon, as in the next update, we are adding mixing so you can either choose the soundboard or the mixing section to have parts that make up a beat! That should come out end of May, but it IS happening! Oh, and you can't forget the amazing graphics and easy to use interface :D Well, anyway, here is the iTunes link. Like I said, help out a bunch of teens and our quest to riches. (Or in my case, a mac) :rolleyes:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314289500&mt=8

15. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Haha I more meant ten dollars for a mediocre one you're right probably more for a good one.

16. marlenedegrood

I think it's great that you have the knowledge to develop an app .... I'm sure it takes a lot of work. What I don't understand is why you don't put up a video on youtube to promote your app. I for one have been burned way too many times to buy an app anymore without getting to see it demonstrated. This is more true with music apps than any others since screen shots do you no good .... you have to hear it. So ... put up a video and I'll consider buying it .... otherwise .... forget it.

17. CreativeDev

CreativeDev Member

Apr 11, 2009
    .... http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=9285 Not your fault, hasn't been seen by many

18. lafuria

lafuria Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
  19. marlenedegrood

Let us know how you like it. I wish iZotope would put up videos of each of their iDrum editions. I have the Rock Edition and Ministry Of Sounds Anthems. I might be more inclined to buy the others if I could hear them first.

20. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009