Applyng for an iPod Gaming/apps blog or forum.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Oma, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Kasper Vancoppenolle aka Oma.
    I'm 15 years old and I own an iPod Touch 2nd Gen.
    I have been downloading a lot of games and apps and have been viewing lots of pre- and reviews of games, and I thought, maybe I can do that too...!

So here I am, asking you people, if you know any site or blog where I can do reviews or news posts! ;)

If you need more information:
    Let me know on:
    [email protected]

Greetings and thanks,
    Kasper 'Oma' Vancoppenolle.

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

uhm...

just review them right here and let us know what you think of a game or app

or are you asking to get paid to do that?
    if that is the case, either start your own website like many members have done
    and if you work at it enough, it could bring in visitors which will bring in click throughs and advertising revenue

or email webmasters of existing sites, but with the app store being so new, and so many app store websites are new, i doubt they are paying or can afford to pay for writers/reviewers...so you may have to wait a year or so until the new market for app store review sites industry is on its feet

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ What this guy said...

4. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    If you look at 'touchapper.com' the Tap Tap NIN review is mine, please comment saying if you like it, I'm looking for experience as a writer, not money.

5. mek

mek Well-Known Member

my only suggestion is write up your review, post it in the forum, and people will thank you for it, and eventually, if people feel your reviews are amazing, you will earn their trust, and respect your opinion, and you will get the experience

either way, its a win win, you add to the community offering reviews, and you get experience

so the best of luck to you

6. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

I dont need money at all :)
    I would just do it for fun ;)
    And, I will post reviews for shure!

7. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Just posted 3 of my reviews :)

8. AppAttack

AppAttack Well-Known Member

in the same boat

Hey! I use Wordpress for my website. You could also use Blogger if you'd like to post quick reviews. Like you, I do it for fun and because I love my phone :) It's also helped me because I talk and talk and talk about new apps all the time to friends and family and they get really tired of hearing me talk about them all the time. So it's almost a way of "venting". But in the end, I hope to help some people in making a decision to buy an app. Good luck and let me/us know when you get your site up!! :)

9. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to make a website either today or tomorrow.
    ;)