Applying screen protector

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Stykman, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    I took it off to wash it now
    I need help applying the protector

There are always so many bubbles

How can i do this w/o bubbles

I literally drowned the screen protector in a cup of water
    Im using a library card to try to get rid of bbls

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Is the place where you are dusty? If so, it might help to steam up your bathroom, and then go in there to apply the protector.

I learnt that trick with the psp on gamefaqs.

Peel the protector from its wax sheet at one corner, stick that on the screen, then use the card to slowly slide it all down across the screen.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I HATE screen protectors,

I was very good about putting it on, I still had like 3 noticeable screen bubbles, and if even a little bit of dirt gets underneath it, it is VERY irratating, especially on a white screen. I've been using my touch without a screen protector for a few months now, and it's fine, the back is the only thing that will scratch.

If you insist on having one, here's what I reccomend: Make sure the protector is FLAWLESS, like I said, a little bit of dust will be annoying and cause screen bubbles,

Start putting the protector on one corner of the screen, then get a credit card and apply it scraping the protector all the way accross the screen, the slower you go, the better.

hope this helps.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I have a protector. The only bubbles I have are covered by my iPod case. I think it is good to have one.

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    it all depends on what kind you get I have had several because I couldn't find a good one... Yes this does sound weird but you need a high quality screen protector the one I have right now is flawless no bubble and I took no time putting it on I just slapped it on there and there are no bubbles I've done the same thing with others and they just bubble up like crazy... I wish I could tell you which kind I have but I don't no the name.....

6. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    I bought mine at the apple store it was like a belkin or incase or something

It had a green package

7. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    That is power support crystal film. Good stuff. But my touch is naked except for a small pouch that I keep it in when not in use. Works great. no bulk, no screen protector, and best of all, no scratch's.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Considering it has a glass screen, I don't really worry with screen protectors. I just make sure there isn't anything in my pocket that can rub up against my iTouch. The aluminum casing, however, is gonna scratch for sure if you don't get a base. Belkin makes some awesome sleeves, but I don't think a screen protector's necessary if you're kinda careful.

9. M.W.

M.W. Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    My screen has quite a few scratches on the screen that seem to appear overnight. They aren't real noticeable, unless it is a white screen.
    I want them off my screen, though. Any way to fix them?

10. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I have my iPhone in an Incase 2 piece slip case .... I don't use a screen protector but I do put my iPhone in a Lowepro Tasca pouch when in my pocket. Fits great even with the case on it. Very easy to get the iphone in and out of quickly while protecting the iphone from sharp objects that seem to find their way into my pocket. You can also clip it onto a belt loop.
    You can get them at Best Buy, mine is red and black in color, but here's a link to one like it from another place .....
    http://www.pictureline.com/products/15597/Lowepro_Tasca_20_Arctic_Blue/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping_engine&utm_campaign=google_products

11. RawrReptar

RawrReptar Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    just a quick noobie question, but does the screen protector affect the sensitivity of the touchscreen?

12. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    No it doesnt