AppleTV app sales

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by hawken king, Dec 23, 2015.

1. hawken king

hawken king Member

Sep 9, 2011
    EndBoss
    Tokyo
    Any luck?

Not seen much action myself but hoping it'll pick up after xmas.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #2 Dailon80, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Apple TV is too expensive when compared to others ie Amazon Fire etc that play games just my observation I have an Amazon Fire and a roku. I want the Apple TV but got an Xbox one instead and hell the price isn't that much diff when you consider what you are getting. Apple should have revolutionized tv like they did music and other areas instead they have dropped the ball.
    From the gaming side it's all a plus but again that price in comparison to others like all Apple products is too high. This is not my personal opinion I can easily pay it but it's obvious by the customer response. Here is the main problem Apple TV was only 99$ not long ago now it's basically double at 200$. for what to play games on it sorry but Apple customers are too used to playing on their mobile phones too.
    Hope it changes and I am going to buy one this month since I already will have a lot of games that are universal. Sorry about the long response I just had this impression a few years ago that it would change tv as we know it and it certainly didn't do that far from it and that prolly has more to do with the monopolies that control the tv industry Viacom etc
    By the way someone needs to remind the USA that monopolies are supposed to be illegal just a thought.

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Over in Australia it feels like Apple TV is an afterthought. No Marketing, you go into a shop and it is hard to find, nobody advising the perceived benefits.

I agree the price point hurts because you aren't having AAA games made for it, basically just ports of mobile games.

I am not really sure where this product sits in most households.

4. Dzamir

Dzamir Member

Aug 14, 2010
    After Christmas sales seems to be tripled, and entering the top 100 in the USA store is much harder

5. liteking

liteking Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    The Apple TV is powered by A8 chip, like the one in iPhone 6. So obviously it is not something to compete with PS4 or XBox One in term of gaming.
    Outside of USA, the Apple TV does not have a lot of contents to attract buyers. For me, the only reason I'd consider the Apple TV is the AirPlay feature.