AppleCare Warrenty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BulletDev, Mar 2, 2009.

1. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey guys. Lately I have been feeling very newb-ish. Like right now. My iPod touch, used for testing has a broken backlight. It just stopped working. You can still see the screen faintly, like you would see an original GameBoy's screen, but I'm eager to get it fixed. I bought the iPod at a Futureshop store in June, and only have the free Apple Protection Plan, not the extended AppleCare Warrenty. If I bring my iPod touch downtown to the Vancouver Apple Store (the most boring store Apple has ever made), what do you think they could do for me?

Thanks guys, and I mean this from "Senior Member" to annoying newbies who think they know everything and forget how to spell.

2. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Annoying newbie here. They'll probably tell you to call the apple hotline. Maybe they can help you set up a repair there, I'm not sure. But I think you'll have to send it in.

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Thank you annoying newbie. I suppose you could be different since you are a proud canadian, but nevertheless, I wouldn't want to take any risks ;).

4. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

The standard Apple warranty for the iPod Touch is a year, so barring it looking like you've been hitting it with a hammer it should be covered. Give them a ring first though as some of the genius bars can have a long waiting list.

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    fixed it for ya.....................

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Well depends....

If your ipod isnt under warranty and you want it fixed you will have to pay. Or get a new ipod

If it is under warranty just hope they think you havent been hitting it with a hammer. And they will fix it.

7. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I got the extra warranty with my phone, but was too dumb to activate it right away and wound up losing the damn box before I could. it's GOT to be around somewhere. but whenever mine breaks at least I can justify getting a 3G