Apple Media Event September 1st

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by The Game Reaper, Aug 30, 2010.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    [​IMG]

Apple Media Event

So, Apple TV refresh (spiffyone), new iPods and hopefully a new cloud-based iTunes.

iPod Touch rumors:

Rumors include a VGA front facing camera with FaceTime support using email adresses, a backside 5 megapixel camera with 720p video and a LED flash, Retina Display, gyroscope and possibly 3G support;
    The new iPod Touch maybe also getting a redesigned back (hurray!), not entirely flat like the iPhone 4, but more like the lid of the MacBook Pro:

My bet is that they'll ditch the shiny metal back and replace it with matt aluminum, รก la iPad.

----------------------

Rumored iPod shuffle/nano cases and leaked parts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite evidence to the contrary, I don't see this as the new Nano.
    It's too small to have any practical use bar possibly using a revised Sreenflow UI.

You can't watch videos on it due to its ridiculously tiny screen. Games and apps are out. I don't think Apple can sell an Nano this small. It just doesn't make any sense.

I really think this is the new shuffle, using a very basic OS, maybe even just using screenflow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple killed the Nano (anyone remember the mini?) and replaced it with the low end present generation iPod Touch for $150 with full support for iOS 4.

That makes sense.

----------------------

AppleTV rumors:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/the-next-apple-tv-revealed-cloud-storage-and-iphone-os-on-tap/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/11/upcoming-apple-tv-loses-1080p-playback-gains-apps/

iOS doesn't really make sense to me on the "iTV". It's designed solely for touchscreens, and I don't see iOS making it to the big screen unless it utilizes a Wii-esque controller, which is essentially a giant finger. That could work. If it didn't rely on IR to track the pointer's movements but instead used a gyroscope and an accelerometer to determine where you looking at on the screen it could really be a hit. But there's no multitouch.

I personally don't think they'll go for iOS. Not yet.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hahaha that acousitc guitar is rediculous =P

On a serious note though, I just want a super neat iPod touch to come out so I can finally have one again.

3. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, it has 6 Strings!

yeah, i have an iPod Touch, but it broke a few days ago, so i'm waiting for the new one to come out

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Lol that's not what I found rediculous about it. It's not in my home that's what is rediculous about it!

Yeah mine just bricked a couple weeks back so I am f*cked for a while.

5. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I predict Apple will demonstrate an iOS rhythm game, guitar app, or sequencing app on the new iOS Apple TV that uses another idevice for input. Hopefully there will be some restrictions on the way such devices access existing online game and their leaderboards.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Man I'm gonna be pissed if they decide to put a screen on the Shuffle. The lack of pointless extras is what makes it perfect.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah there is no need for a screen on the shuffles... makes no sense. I like the way they look now just fine.

8. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I think the lack of screen turns away a lot of consumers, driving them to the more expensive nano. Maybe a screen and price increase is coming soon. Also Reckless Racing!

9. manyax111

manyax111 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    i hope they will release ios 4.1

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Highly doubtful, but I would still wear it.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    it would need GPS, camera... blue tooth i sure aint wearing speaker wire from my wrist to my ear!! and some other stuff.. its own spy tools app store :D

chris.

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

What? It's an iWatch... as in it tells the time. :p. Doesn't have to have speakers, or a GPS.