Universal Apple Knight (by Limitless)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Plus their descriptions are identical...both say more to come in coming weeks...
    So weird

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I emailed the developer yesterday inquiring about the differences. I haven’t heard back yet but I’ll let you know when I do.

houseofg likes this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I sent them a tweet about an hour or so ago. If I hear back I'll fill you guys in too.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It’s really weird.
    I have both versions.
    The differences I have seen after just playing the tutorial map is that the paid one no longer has the additional optional chests you can get by watching an ad (mind you these chests hold a lot more loot than normal chests) and you get four additional skins at no cost (though these are the skins that you get in the free version by using ingame gold).
    There appears to be no way you can get extra gold with real money or any of the purchasable skins with the bought version. Strange thing is the bought one has an option at the bottom of the main menu to “restore purchases” even though the bought one has none.

It appears to me that if you want the best version with the option of getting all the skins you should stick to the free one.
    The bought version appears to be a non premium version.
    Weird/strange/confusing/bloody ridiculous, are all terms one could use for this situation. :confused:

Hopefully the dev can shed some light. Maybe he was just drunk at the time.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, I certainly wouldn't say he/she/they is/are drunk, but going by their other app, this maybe seems like common practice? I've yet to get a reply, but I dunno...I say just purchase the paid version outright since there's a 50% sale on it and then decide what to do with the free version if you dig the game. Obviously there's no reason to be able to purchase gold with real money when the overpriced items are no longer in the game and I mean...at the end of the day do you think it's worth paying 8-10 times the amount of an entirely premium experience at a measly dollar just to be able to customize your character? I know there are perks that come along with the expensive premium skins in the free version, but let's not kid ourselves...beyond just looking cool, they do ruin the balance of the game.

houseofg likes this.
  6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If the game that was originally envisaged by the devs to be the full game is the paid version, then that’s all good.

Perhaps the fee game with all the iap’s was simply an afterthought to make the game more profitable for them.
    For whatever the reason is, unfortunately free games seem to be the biggest money earner for devs.

I just would like to know if the paid version is indeed “balanced” or just a frustrating game that will steer people to the free version anyway.

I’ll just wait and see if the dev responds rather than speculate any further.
    Meanwhile I will play the paid version. :)

metalcasket likes this.
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, yep...I will too.

This situation's still incredibly bizarre though! :p

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    But the free game came out a week earlier than the paid one. It’s strange.

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Yeah I’ll wait to see what’s up. Thanks for looking into folks

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #30 metalcasket, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Still nothing. :(

EDIT: Interesting. The app description of Great Awakening was updated to say "No ads, No IAPs".

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #31 Son of Anarchy, Nov 30, 2019
    ...and all the premium skins are not there anymore.

Edit: Now the paid version contains all the premium skins, each one selling for the same price (real money) that the free version was. I’m kinda starting to get confused. Now I’m waiting for the free one to be converted to paid or something weird like that, and I don’t even think I’d be surprised, because tbh that’s exactly what it looks like they’re doing.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's only like 4 of the skins from the free version. Are you sure? The Elite ones and whatnot are missing. Unleeeeeeeess...maybe that Restore Purchases button brings over the skins you've paid for from the free version?

13. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #33 Son of Anarchy, Nov 30, 2019
    Please correct me if I’m wrong because I really am getting confused here. I first bought the free version of Apple Knight which I believe is the one called Great Awakening. I liked it so I bought the paid version, which was just called Apple Knight. Now, looking in my purchased history, it shows the Great Awakening version as the most recently purchased. So basically it looks to me that they’ve swapped names and versions with each other?? I’m going to bow out of the conversation at this point for fear of adding to the confusion. Hopefully all of this ‘interestingness’ resolves with everyone smiling rather than angry.

Edit: Ya, I think I’ve confused myself like metalcasket says below, doesn’t take much sometimes. Still, I hope they make the premium skins purchasable in Great Awakening too. Silly thing is, if I never knew they existed I’d never want them. But I know...

metalcasket likes this.
  14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, nah...you’re just confused regarding which is which. :p Great Awakening is the premium version.

EDIT: Guys, I'd rather ask before taking action. Do you prefer we keep this thread the way it is, or should I swap over the appinfo/title with Great Awakening and just add a link to the free version in the thread? As it stands, a lot of folks could end up spending money for the free version's premium bundle thing only to find out there's a premium version of the game. I mean, it's already happened with the early adopters in this thread. Let me know.

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I honestly think we should wait until we know what the actual differences are/will be for the apps from the dev first hand, but it’s up to you. As it stands I think it would be very difficult to word the opening post.

stubbieoz and metalcasket like this.
  16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know something? If the developers are reading this thread, they should know they have something special on their hands given the amount of back and forth we’re having over these 2 different versions. Trust me when I say if the game wasn’t worth it, this would not be happening at all.

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Well considering dev doesn’t seem to be providing any update/clarification, I’ll move on to other games

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, there's been no activity on Twitter regardless of whether it's responding to me or posting actual tweets, but yeah...I'm with you. When you have developers like that of Table Top Racing: World Tour who's been absolutely on point in every single regard, this is just plain disappointing.

19. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Funny you say that because it’s exactly that thread that made me feel I should focus my attention on a developer that is so focused on their customers and continues to provide update after update and just move on from this. If developer doesn’t care to provide any answers then I certainly am not going to waste my time either

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What fresh hell is this? @Royce, have you heard back? I deleted my tweet to the developers out of frustration, but you guys will be amazed to know Great Awakening was pulled!