Apple Has a Policy Against Battery Indicators?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Coldar, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Asked my question under another post but not answered so asking why is this so? Free Memory app is taking out their battery level gauge and states in their iTunes description its against Apples policy. Anyone know why Apple has (or if) there is a policy? Noticed no other types of apps that check battery level but the graph type (which is a little overboard and expensive for what I want). I'm just wanting a simple gauge like Free Memory implemented into their app but because of this policy has to be removed in their next updated version of 1.5.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #2 Jorlen, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Wow thanks for the heads up. One of the reasons I use and love Free Memory is for the battery gauge. *sigh* I'll be sure NOT to update it...

That's the one thing I hate about my iPhone - it's made by apple and has to follow their retarded policies.

3. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    It's not against policy per se, but any feature not officially mentioned in documentation is off limits. TV out, etc.

4. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    USA
    Of course you can always get a battery gauge if you jailbreak........

5. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    Jailbreak it, get SBSettings and you can change the battery to the normal ipod battery or just a number of whats left, like 70% by just tapping on the battery :)

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Touch 2G.......can't

7. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland