Apparently I have no idea what's coming on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Orders, Soft Launches, and Upcoming iOS Games' started by buckwilde, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The devs description:

'We have built a massive multiplayer online game that takes the concept and feel behind the Grand Theft Auto series and brings it to the iPhone in a direct input based game, named The Cartel.
    Some of the main features of the game are:
    in-game world economy
    ability to acquire wealth through the development of commodities
    perform actions to increase your status and wealth
    ability to interact with other players through a chat system and the Forums
    able to join gangs and form cartels that benefit all percipients
    use the Player Marketplace to barter your way to the top
    buy and equip a variety of items to enable your missions and character’s ability
    fight your way to the top individually or using your cartel’s power

The goal of the game is simple; use any of the available features to make the most money and form the most powerful Cartel.'

Sounds like a text based MMO to me.
    Although I don't know ewhy they would make such a high quality trailer for a text based MMO.

2. crishnak

crishnak Member

Feb 26, 2009
  3. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

Jun 29, 2009
  4. vegassteven

vegassteven New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    i havent read the rest of the comments, but you do understand that every single url available online also has the private option meaning that you do not need to disclose who owns the site etc etc...

maybe think that "domains by proxy inc" is one of those services which provide free secret hosting?

hmm...

evidently the ip address points here:

[​IMG]

5. devize

devize New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    its not cartel...

For all of you who still think this is the mmo 'The Cartel' heres something from the dev of cartel;
    'it's not the trailer for The Cartel. the official site that's coming is thecartelgame.com' - check for yourself http://twitter.com/bogdan_

Personally I think its a gta style game from gameloft though the text on the website does look reminiscent of that of gta.

6. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    For the love of...

...it's Gangstar people. Jeez. That's Gameloft's GTA-style game franchise. Available on older mobile platforms, the series has sold quite well for them, so they're bringing it over to the iTouch/Phone platform. It's not that difficult to "get".

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    there is a couple of seconds where it shows the real gameplay, it it top-down but still has better graphics than CJS, not so cartoony. it's a waste of peoples time showing them full 3D animated scenes because that's not what they get.

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

yep it is gangstar id say but the game could be upgraded quite a bit for the iphone. Just cos its the same name doesnt mean its the exact same.

9. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    A perfect example is Gameloft's Castle of Magic.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Ya that's what I was thinking of

11. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Very well, but it's not going to be capable of graphics like the ones we saw in the movie part of the add, that just won't happen. I might not be qualififed to say that, but if you think they will get that good, please check again. HD consoles and computers have a fairly hard time producing those, there is absolutely no way to do that on a 3G S, but you're right, we need to wait and see :)

12. Garden Dwarf

Garden Dwarf Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Thhe page requires Flash so my guess is that the Flash support is coming to iPhone !

13. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Why does everyone keep this thread going? The trailer is a fake made by a fan website. Nice trick though. I'm sure the iphone is capable of a game like that, but we won't see it anytime soon

14. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009

What kind of thing is that to say? When the 360 was released, were the first games 16 bit?

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Never stated it would be the "exact same".

What I stated is that it's Gameloft's GTA-style franchise, and that it has done well on other mobile platforms, so it's a no brainer that they'd plan on bringing the series over. Note that I stated "franchise" and "series", meaning IP (intellectual property). I never stated they'd just dump a port of the game over. They're bringing the IP over.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

I'm with Spiffyone here -- it's a trailer for the Gameloft GTA clone. As to the graphical quality on the video, how short is our collective memory, people?

If history holds, the game will be a) graphically impressive, b) well-playing, c) somewhat short, and d) look nothing like that preview.

17. Gebraroest

Gebraroest Active Member

May 24, 2009
    lol ur right

18. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Nice example :D. Alright, so this is what I think.... It may be word based, 2.5D graphics (as I predicted with Warpack: Grunts, if u assume it's 2.5D), Or a Payback/ Car Jack Streets mix, with a little more than just stick figures and moving circles for heads.

19. xcdjy

xcdjy New Member

Jul 5, 2009
  20. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    yeah, we already knew that. but a huge lol at thinking you're a hacker just because you can do a whois