App updates show up ONLY on ipod?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by eggrolls11, May 13, 2009.

1. eggrolls11

eggrolls11 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    My application updates show up only on my iPod Touch 2G, but not in the iTunes applications window. WHY? I saw the Bebot update on my iPod, and went to iTunes to "check for updates," and it said that not updates were available? WTf? I bought the app again (free of charge of course) and it did NOT say "this update is free..etc." but just downloaded it again. Then I pressed command-I on Bebot, and it said that it had the new version... weird. Why won't iTunes notify me of app updates anymore? :eek::(:confused::mad:

Any help is appreciated! :D

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Are they on the same iTunes account?

3. eggrolls11

Mar 9, 2009
    yes.

4. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

same here, the itunes connect server is having major issues, a tech assured me it will be fixed as soon as possible. supposedly it's different for the mobile store, hopefully it's fixed soon.

5. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #5 f e a r l e s s, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    Same problem here. I do what you do, click "buy app" again. But, it always says it's free. Sometimes it'll tell me it's not available in the US store or something , too... Sigh...

6. eggrolls11

Mar 9, 2009
    Phew, I'm relieved I'm not the only one... :D but still I look like this: :mad:

Apple seems to be having a lot of trouble with application reviewing and the itunes store recently.

7. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Crap apps are clogging the review process. Developers should be asked if their app is crap before submitting. If they lie, their app gets tossed in the "process next month" bin! :D