App to sort other Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by butters, Feb 5, 2009.

1. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    So, i am pretty new to the iPhone/Touch and i am sorry if this question came up before. I tried to search for it earlier today, but did not find anything of interest.

Here is the Deal: I got a load of Apps and it really is quite intricate to keep them sorted. Is there an App with which i could create Folders or something similar? Or i think i read something about an App, that lets you stack Icons onto one another, but i can't remember the name or if it really is what i am searching for.

So every help would be appreciated. :)

2. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    im pretty sure u need to jailbreak to do this

this is the reason that the second a 2g itouch jailbreak is released im cracking mine

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Yes, you need to jailbreak in order to organize your apps in the ways you described. It's not allowed in the current Apple SDK right now

4. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i wish they had an app for that id pay 10 bucks for that..

5. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    I remember following work in progress for an app that was suppose to go to the app store, but I remember the developer saying it was denied for reasons that he couldn't discuss at the time because of Apple's hardliner Non-Disclosure Agreement. The app both made the dock icons on the dock small and listed (pic 1), but you could also make folders, name them whatever you wanted and place whatever icons you wanted in them. You could also display the folder as a dock icon. I haven't spoken to him in some time, nor have I seen this app anywhere.

It was called iDock at the time.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Hi Zandog,
    Wow, you actually love Spore Origins enough to merit a spot on the dock?!??!

7. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Thx for your Help, sadly i think i'm not willing to Jailbreak my device.

So just hope they'll come up with something soon. iDock looks amazing that would exactly be what i wanted...

8. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Those arent my screenshots.

9. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    It is actually impossible for a dev team to make that for the app store. The only things the developer can access are photos, contacts, camera, gps, settings, accellerometer, and the screen. Music, movies, and other apps are banned.

10. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    apple really should get there act together and make this.
    everyone would freak out and love them.
    i could honestly wait for flash and copy and paste a little longer then i would prefer to wait for folders. and itd be nice to have the dock to hold 5 icons.