App store - what is it good for....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jarikata, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jarikata

jarikata Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    ...well, buing apps of course... But does anyone else think it is almost impossible to find new apps in the app store? If you open the games section in the appstore you can see the same games as the "recent" games for days, and sometimes for weeks and yet there are new games submitted on a daily basis... That is why I like internet pages like this and for example appvee and appshopper so much as you can see new apps listed there as soon as they hit the store as well as the price drops and updates.. I am sure this must be frustrating to the developers as well as their apps might never apper in the front apges of app store and thus makes it difficult for customers to find them....

I have become an appfreak :). I have just reaced that famous 9 page limit which is not much fun..... Luckily i don't have to delete anything I have bought but still sometimes deciding which app I should "unmark" when i synchronize my ipod is "painful" as I have many fun games, great music apps that I need and other cool stuff. I wish i could make some space in the pages by removing the icons for the default apps i don't need (stocks, stickies, mail, youtube...)

2. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Yes i agree, the itunes store as well as the app store is usually changed (featuring new apps on the app store) on every tuesday, well thats what i thought anyway, i ofen find myself waiting for tuesday just so i can see new apps to buy as it is hard to find good apps that arnt on the front page!

3. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    They should have the categories like when you access iTunes app store from your iPod!
    And it should keep your saved games when you sync with your pc also!!!!

4. jarikata

Jan 3, 2009
    Categories would be good... apps could be arranged in ipod like music. There could be just one icon for apps and then you could get a list of them - just like with music and then i could keep all the apps I have purchased. I still have over 8 GB space in my ipod and I think it is silly that i have to delete/unmark apps when i buy new ones.

5. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Absolutely nothin'!

Kudos if you remember the song.

I don't know how everyone reaches that 9 page limit so fast.

Let's be honest, you probably only use 3 pages of those apps one a weekly basis.

Losing progress is a problem though.....

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    ahh! It just read the title, and was thinking of that song!

7. jarikata

Jan 3, 2009
    Heh.... I did remember that song! Almost wrote that, but i guess it is good for something after all, like buying those apps....

Well I do admit I bought quite a lot of apps and sure I don't need/use them all everyday. I am a beginner in "making music" and found some really great apps for that (Beatmaker, noise.io for example) and a lot of great games. ANd sure, some silly but nice apps I like to play around with every now and then (no fart apps, jeez those seem to keep flooding in now...). And some free/lite stuff too and therefore it is no problem as such to unmark them when synchronizing ipod and mark them again if I want to use them. Thank god there is that choice at least so I don't have to delete and throw away apps permanently if I want to use them some day again.

This may be silly but even if I like a game a lot I try not to play it through directly as I get them. I have a lot of games (and as there is a little "Monica(Friends)" in me i keep them in alphabetical order). So i usually play the first (which now happens to be Alien Mangle) for awhile, a level or two, then proceed to the next., and then the next... and evetually go back to the beginning...I know, I am pathetic..... :)

8. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    I do the same thing. ;)