App Store Main Page Is B.S.!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by schplurg, Jan 25, 2009.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

So who do I complain to about the appstore main page?

Under best action games:
    Raging Thunder
    Star Wars

New Games:
    Wave Blazer
    Fastlane
    Shards (aug 18th! Ya that's new)
    iBaseball???

What's Hot:
    CSI: Miami (uh huh)
    Cro-Mag
    South Park

I'm f't sick of this crap! How's a dev supposed to sell anything when Apples main page is - shall I say - full of lies!?

Sorry, had to finally get that off my chest. But really, is there anybody to complain to, anyone specific I mean besides "[email protected]"? Or do we just have to pay them for this special service.

2. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    I agree with you but what can I say, it's Apple. As long as they're making money they don't give a shit what we say.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    The AppStore's procedures are out of control, which is perfect for the bass ackwards program iTunes. I think they weren't ready for the slew of apps that they were gonna get on a daily basis.

But there always late, inorganized, their app approval process is something I'll never understand (aside from submission and wait, is it a priority list or is it first come first serve?).

Maybe once they get a handle on all the submissions they'll be able to keep things up to date and nice and tidy-but in their defense they do get tons of submissions a day. Be it updates, new apps, or price drops.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Yep I hate it, the latest releases have hardly changed on the main page yet about 20 new games have come out this week, a good 6 of them worthy of the front page.

The only thing I look at now on the store is top 100 paid apps, this forum has sold me on more games then the app main page has ever done.

5. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Agreed
    I look at the top 100 each day and read the forums for any game reccomendations

6. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    From what I understand, the price drops are controlled solely by the developer - just a press of their app developer dashboard and its set. There were some blackout days like NYE (Developer of Blast! tried to have NYE sale but it was delayed abit), but the most time consuming part is the new and updated apps approval.

Yes, I agree that the iTunes App Store main page is a complete mess.
    I now rely on AppSniper and this forum instead.

7. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    When we tried to put on a holiday sale for our app, people was unable to buy it for a couple of days before the price drop became effective. This was a bit unfortunate.

Yeah, and the front page is a bit, hm, weird.

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hmm, it seems to me that the App Store lists apps under the "Hot" category that were hot exactly 3 weeks and 7 days ago. :p

Seriously, they need to work on the appstore. I love this site (thanks arn!), it's way better than their store.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    All new games should at least pop up in the new games area, but they don't *scratches head* apple seem to stick up random app's instead.