App store getting a little trashy?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Jan 17, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    We've all seen the incoming of the fart apps, some unusually violent games involving puppies and kittens and today there was a couple threads about apps that make boobs jiggle(one appropriately called iJiggle). This app, however, I really didn't see coming. Though, I have to admit, it made me laugh pretty hard.

I won't say too much. You can make your own conclusions. Take a good look at the icon, though. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301940380&mt=8

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Steve Jobs takes a leave and the Apple employees go crazy

3. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    This is like the old iBrate from the old JB days isn't it?

All it does is vibrate on command?

4. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Errrrrr......ummmmm

5. Spacedoggy

Spacedoggy Member

Jan 17, 2009
    iPhone Dev, Composer
    Tasmania, Australia
    Its a worry! Cant wait for the crazy apps to go and the real apps to continue - I for one never imagined buying a state of the art iphone to play ifart or ivibrate etc!!!!

6. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Yes, the app store is 98.6% crap.

But then again 80% of all statistics are made up.

7. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Hopefully with survival of the fittest, the crappy apps will die out and the good apps continue...

Can't believe the amount of junk out in the App Store now, unreal.

8. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Not that I'm accusing NotYou of anything.. but I find it funny that people are complaining firstly that Apple are censoring fart apps, and then complaining that there's too many once Apple do let them through.

These fill different market segments, and developers will make these apps as long as they sell.

9. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    utterly crazy I cant wait for the Ron Jeremy apps or Peter North apps to show up...

(opps why do I know those names!)

10. esfrost

esfrost Member

Dec 22, 2008
    This is what the big public need, stupid, useless and cheap apps and games.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    so what else is new?

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I didn't mean "trashy" like the app store is morally corrupt or anything. I just thought it seemed like the right word to use. Anything else sounded a little snooty.:p

Some people like trashy. Makes no difference to me. The thread was just to point out my amazement towards Apple for releasing an app that turns the iPhone into a sex toy.

13. James90241

James90241 Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I work at a Hotel in Newport Beach, CA
    Downey, CA
    I'm surprised theres not an app to keep track of bowel movements!:eek:

14. Give it time.

Yes, the majority of the App Store is trash, and the latest spate of apps that virtualize various bodily functions or zit picking or whatever are definitely licking the bottom of the barrel. But y'know what? Salacious and puerile apps and games have been around since the early 80s on just about every viable platform that could run them. Shall we talk about Mystique's games for the Atari 2600? And I know there were at least a couple of zit popping games for Atari computers back in the day.

Right now it's just a fad and all the lowbrow devs are jumping on the bandwagon to fill the App Store with gross apps. Eventually it'll die off. At least until someone comes up with the next "great" gross-out app.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    iGouge, anyone?

16. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    I think that some kind of special latex protector will need to be developed before we ever see an iPhone sex toy app. I mean, to keep moisture out or whatever.

Maybe also to prevent disease, if you plan on sharing?

17. I rest my case. But at least he came up with a moderately clever use for the "i" branding.

18. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

WFT?! Prevent disease? An iPhone condom?

19. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Appstore is letting throungh more and more "sexy" apps, it's gonna end up like the fart apps.

20. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Well. I don't see how much you can do with an iPhone.. But that is me. It vibrates, and ???