App Store "Games" Category?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gabrien, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The "Games" category appears to have vanished from the App Store when viewing the categories list on my iPhone and iPod Touch. I can still see it (and browse games) when using my iPad.

Anyone else experiencing this at the moment? Any idea what's going on?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    They're changing the interface. Should be working again. The new featured list isn't out yet though.

3. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    yeah, i don't like the new interfere by changing the new and noteworthy column from 2 to 1. besides, mourn on games released this week. the list has not yet been updated.

4. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    #4 Gabrien, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Hmm. Almost three hours later and still the same issue. I see no other changes to the app store at all, only the "Games" category has vanished.

Is anybody at all experiencing the same thing? Particularly anyone with an Aus app store account?

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I'm waiting the New And Noteworthy from Appstore but nothing changes now. :(

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

It partially updated Australia, China, Japan, UK and Ireland. All other countries are still showing games featured last week.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Haven't yet seen the difference, but I'de be happy if "new and Noteworthy" wasn't so prominent. I've gotten more **** off of that list than gold. It also seems to lead publishers who make the list to IAP their product more often than other apps do.

Not to mention the outright broken apps that make the list.

8. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    I'm still not sure people understand what I am saying. The whole "Games" category is gone for me. From the list under the "Categories" tab. Nothing to do with New and Noteworthy, Featured Games, etc. Basically I've now no way to "browse" for games on my iPhone.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Strange, Games is there on my phone. What about the Games link on the Featured page?

10. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    That only takes me to the Featured Games page. No way to browse latest general releases. It's pretty bizarre, the category has always been there, for years, across all my devices. Vanished as of yesterday. I even tried it on my old 3G iPod Touch. Gone. Searching through Google produces a handful of result with people appearing to have the same issue, but it certainly doesn't seem widespread. Tried rebooting, relogging accounts, nada.

11. T-MaK

T-MaK New Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Same for me

I have the same problem as gabrien no game category in the app store, someone have a idea how to fix it ?

12. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'm using an iPod Touch 4th generation and I have no problems loading the games category. Seems to work fine.

I know the interface is being changed in preparation for the new update (iOS 6), so perhaps that's your problem?

Wait for a bit (September 12-21th) is the expected iOS 6 release time.

13. micHawk

micHawk New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I'm also having the exact same issue. Has been Like this for a few days.