App Store acceptance taking a loooooonngg time..

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dangerz, May 30, 2009.

1. Draven

Draven Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009

Definitely take those out - we had an update to Play Marbles rejected cos one of the icons represented an iPhone - shame that they didn't mind it in the original game though... gotta love consistency

2. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Got rejected after 3 weeks because of a keyword.

Do you need to resubmit the binary or is enough to simply edit the keywords list while the game is in a "Rejected" state?

3. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Got a reply from Apple: The binary has to be reuploaded because the keywords are integrated into the binary.

4. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. You probably saved me a month all in ;)

Cheers!

QS

5. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

24 days, and got a email from apple

Thanks for the email. We apologize for the delay. Your application is in review and once the review process has been completed, we will send you an email notification.

Regards,

iPhone Developer Program

6. EndeavorBros

EndeavorBros Active Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I have a quick question about the approval process. If your game is rejected because Apple feels that the game rating should be higher than you have it rated then can you just up the rating (since it only takes 5 seconds) and they can continue to review your game or do you have to start at the back of the line again? I really hope it is the former because the latter would be stupid.

7. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    So far it seems like anything puts you to the back of the line.
    It took 45 days for the lite version of Roadkill Cafe to be approved, not because of the app itself, but because I used the tags "frogger" and "diner dash". I used them because that's the games we got compared to. The reviewer that did the main game didn't object. But the reviewer of the Lite version rejected it.

So it just got approved today after being submitted on July 29th. Yay. How sad.

The best part was logging in and seeing "Application removed by developer". I almost had a stroke.

It wasn't until I checked the pricing page and saw the huge list of stores with check boxes that I gained some hope. Once I selected the stores to sell in, the game appeared as up for sale again. Whew.

8. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    do you think apple might be intentionally holding up games in review? i say that because this week was big for the appstore as far as games are concerned but this week was also big for the ds with both scribblenaughts and mario and luigi (which is real big) being released this week. apple has been trying to build itself as a legitimate contender in portable gaming and it wouldnt surprise me that they would do something like this for marketing purposes. or could be that they are just trying to develop some srt of release cycle by emulating nintendo or something. just thought id share that thought there is not much evidence to supprt that theory though so i thnk its unlikely but i think apple should really let people know whats going on during the approval process instead of just saying "sorry the process is just taking long". thats what i tell people when im being a procrastinater and taking two weeks to finish a job that takes about 5 minutes to do.

9. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
  10. RookieStudio

RookieStudio Active Member

May 4, 2009
    My average is 14 days. Lite(14 days to reject and 14 days to approve again) and full version(14 days).

11. Hmmm... I'm not so convinced of that idea nightbeaver, especially as the Dexter iPhone game came out a couple of days ago... Apple would have done that differently if they didn't want their stuff to clash with big releases on other platforms.

In other stuff, Pogg just got released and took 9 days to review and approve (and then 15 hours to actually show up on the store when I changed the release date to show up immediately)

12. GamerOutfit

GamerOutfit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    For some reason the Lite version of War 3100 has gone through two reviews (one time I mentioned the full version which apparently is a no-no) so far but the 1.2 version of War 3100 is still in review (since early September.) I hope it gets approved soon, it has some enhancements such as faster path-finding that many people have asked about.

13. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

31 days passed. i.Decide is still in review

I wrote two letter to apple,they just ask me to keep waiting:mad:

14. Handjoy

Handjoy Member

Aug 9, 2009
    The same situation for us :-( Our game Jumboo was submitted on 21 August 2009 and it is still "in review". I don't understand why does it take so long... Shame on you, Apple!

15. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    hmmm on the contrary...

we have submitted an update to one of our apps on 8th and update to lite version of it on 12th of september. they both got accepted on 19th, so 7 days ! woah, right ?

no, not really. 19th saw updates/releases of some 500 games, so it was not even visible in the top 100 new releases...

16. Draven

Draven Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    The second update of Play Marbles went through in 10 days, compare this to two other apps that we have done for a client in the states that have been ain approval now for almost seven weeks. Consistency consistency consistency.

17. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    AFter 4 weeks I got a reject notice on planex as the accellerometer controls announced in my description are not as in the human guide lines defined ? very strange, as they do work on all devices I tested, there is no hint I assume they didnt press the start button -- lets see I tried with a new help, new hint label and new description -- - really slow that all ! -

18. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    wow, now I am surprised. submitted update to our free game (Hungry Hippo), which served as a sandbox/playground for us to learn the OpenFeint. the update is live already now, took 8 days only...

I really don't get how it works. 3 updates - all took between 7 and 11 days. and for some of you it's weeks...

19. gmatom

gmatom Well-Known Member

iTunes connect broken

Anyone successfully submitted any binary (update or new) in the last day or so? iTunes connect uploading seems to be completely broken for me, I've been trying to post an update for hours.

20. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Haven't submitted a binary recently, but try another browser. iTunesConnect has been working better on Firefox than Safari recently.