App Promotion Thursday: An Indie Developer’s Idea

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TinyTechnician, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    #1 TinyTechnician, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    Hello, I had an idea to help indie developers promote their Apps. I wrote about it here: http://tinytechnician.tumblr.com/post/1173926543/app-promotion-thursday-an-indie-developers-idea

Yep, it's a little lengthy so I'll summarize it here I guess. The main idea is similar to #MusicMonday or #FollowFriday on twitter. If you use twitter and would like to list your Apps with the #IndieApp tag then go for it!

I'm sure there is something out there like this already, if so let me know...else lets all help get our App names out there on twitter.

Oh and if I see an #IndieApp in my stream I'll RT it...that's right...start the vicious indie developer App circle on twitter. We can all help each other get our App names out there, well at least that's what I'm hoping for.

2. TinyTechnician

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    So as quickly as the blog post went up and some twitter discussion started...it seems like #APT (which I put no thought into at all really except that it stood for what I was trying to accomplish) is kind of taken as a hash for apartments.

So the new hashtag is...#IndieApp

A cool developer named @kwigbo came up with it and it really works for everyone (devs, non-devs) as a way to list an App they like ;-)

3. wadevondoom

wadevondoom Member

Sep 22, 2010
    @Kwigbo is awesome.

4. TinyTechnician

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Hehe, yes @Kwigbo is awesome!

OK, it's Thursday...time to get your App Promotion on. The day where us Indie Devs help each other promote our apps!

If you have a twitter account and want to promote your app with the hash tag #IndieApp then go for it. Non-devs can play also and help the indie dev community by shouting out an App or Apps they think deserve a little extra help with some exposure. Again just have them add the #IndieApp tag and they're good to go. Spread the word if you want.

Thanks

5. TinyTechnician

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    OK one more reminder. Any devs or non-devs with a twitter account feel free to jump on the #IndieApp band wagon. All are welcome!

6. FiveAMStudio

FiveAMStudio Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I just jumped on the wagon..

Kudos for this bright idea!