App price changes undone?!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Carlos, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    Yesterday I've made AnyMoney free - however the app gets automatically reverted back to paid, and the original price is shown. I checked in iTunesConnect, and the app was still free. I quickly switched again between paid and free and resaved, and after a while the app showed up as free again in the AppStore. However, this did not last long: after a few hours the app is again $1.99.

I think this is probably some - hopefully temporary - issue with the AppStore.

So have you noticed lately that price changes are undone automatically? If yes, is there any solution for this issue? I am going to report this to Apple, but first I'd like to see whether others are also experiencing similar artifacts recently.

Btw, would you please doublecheck on your iDevice and/or Mac whether AnyMoney shows up with the $1.99 pricetag instead of being free? Thanks in advance! Maybe it's just some caching problem on my side...

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Showing as free for me.

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    Thanks. However, as you see, this is not the case anymore. The price went back in the AppStore to $1.99 without any intervention from my side. In iTunes Connect I still see it being free...

I've contacted Apple, this seems to a be some database issue.

4. jeremy.provost

jeremy.provost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This may be completely unrelated, but I also had a very strange iTunes Connect issue recently. I removed an app for sale from all stores worldwide. A few days later the app was available again in the App Store and was marked as available in all countries worldwide. Super weird.

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    There is high chance this is the same issue. Have you reported this to Apple? Maybe if more devs complain they fix the issue sooner.

6. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    This is a weird problem. I'll keep an eye out for it.