App music tracks

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by qUAntUm k, Jan 22, 2009.

1. qUAntUm k

qUAntUm k Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    What do software developers do about music? My friend and I make killer electronic/techno loopy music that would definitely take a gaming experience up a notch. Anyone interested in working with us? Let me know.

qUAntUm k

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    do u have anywhere we can listen to some of your tracks?

3. qUAntUm k

Jan 22, 2009
    hi danny,

im uploading a selection of tracks this evening...i will reply with a link later tonight...thanks for your interest!

quantum k

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    ok :cool:

5. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm looking for a clip of music for the "Boss Levels" in my game, but that's all.

I'll be listening to the clip as soon as you upload it.

6. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    Sorry to jump in this thread, but i was about to start my own and saw this and def don't want to add clutter.

I've been writing electronic music for over 20 years and have always been told that my stuff is great for soundtracks - which lends itself to certain games. I have a very cosmic sound.

There are too many games without music/sound!

Quantum - i'd love to hear ur stuff.

My link is in my sig below and would to hear what anybody thinks.

- Ric

7. qUAntUm k

Jan 22, 2009
    Audio R[k'd]

again, thanks for expressing interest!...we have uploaded a five tracks for everyone to check out...let us know what you think, if you would like to use one...or whether you'd like a track designed to your specific needs...

Audio R[k'd] has landed @ http://www.virb.com/audiorkd

-qUAntUm k

8. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

Hey,

I'm game developer and interested in your tracks. Mind PM'ing me or sending me a mail?

Best
    Martin

9. RM imagery

Jan 12, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Good stuff Quantum!

Arcade 1 is the strongest. It would be stronger with the bass line coming in earlier - for a while i thought it was just a drum loop - and maybe have an alternate part come in the middle to break it up and add tension, a bridge if u will. Excellent stuff for a shooter.

10. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #10 BulletDev, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    Would it be alright if I used the first 2 tracks on the site?

11. qUAntUm k

Jan 22, 2009
    Audio R[k'd]

hello friends,

thank you everyone for listening to Audio R[k'd]! PM's sent to all the interested. thank you RM imagery for advice regarding the track structure. i sure hope anyone on this forum looking for music also checks out your link too. you have top quality music productions to offer.

quantum k

12. RM imagery

Jan 12, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Thanx man.

Those are more fleshed out songs - i am going to start to write more simple loops that would gel with games better.

13. qUAntUm k

Jan 22, 2009
  14. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Just a thought, but have you developers not tried GarageBand?
    It comes free with all new Macs or can be purchased separately, and comes with a ton of loops in all styles of music, that can just be dragged-and-dropped to create great tracks... no previous musical experience required...

15. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Just listened to your samples. Very nice! I may have a use for your style of work in some apps later this spring...

16. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    just wondering would using these tracks in an app be for free or charged?

17. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Myself I've been goofing around with trackers for years (Scream->Impulse->ModPlug->Buzz->ReNoise). These days I play around in Ableton Live with my Axiom, TD3-KW, and some expensive VST's. I like toys. :)

18. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

How can I download them. Or can you email them to me email. I love this type of music, if done well, and it certianly is.

19. christophebailleau

Jan 23, 2009
    librarian and plastician
    Huy in belgium
    Music for iphone/ipod touch game

Hello; i am christophe bailleau,from belgium; i am a musician (and videast) in electronic area since many years; i have released some cds from different labels, essentially in europe; i would like to work with a developper , which would be interested to use some of my tracks, or to developp a score, a music
    especially for a game, to work together (sorry for my bad english, i work on it ); i am found on games, and i am sure my music can fit with it; developpers, dont hesitate to contact me; you can listen some of my stuff on myspace for example; i am waiting for your contact;
    thanks

20. gyromancer

gyromancer Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Civil servant
    Bedfordshire, UK
    I produce dance music & have had a few releases out over the years. Writing any kind of electronic music for any potential game would be no problem.

Influences over the past 25 years range from early 80s electro right up to present day covering most genres of electronic music.

If any developers would be interested in hearing some of my work please don't hesitate to message me.