App Management within iTunes ~ concept

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by svdomer09, Feb 21, 2009.

1. svdomer09

svdomer09 New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    I've always been frustrated by how cumbersome it is to move apps around in the iPhone / iPod OS, so I made this mockup of how I think it should be handled on iTunes. If it gets a good reception, maybe I'll submit it to Engadget or Gizmodo or something.

Video

2. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Good idea. It's especially annoying when you have to restore your iPod and all the apps are out of order.

3. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Wicked idea dude, def submit that to a site.

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    That's a very innovative and creative ideas. Definitely need to be implemented in the next major updates of iTunes, say iTunes 9.0?

5. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    #5 cptlockheed, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    The video wasn't watchable on iPhone yet so can't comment on it, but some changes to app management are definitely needed. The constant juggling to make room for new apps to check out and sort them to pages is hell ATM.

I'd also like to see ability to add personal ratings on apps, create playlists of them (downloadable sets of apps), see how many times I've launched each app and when it was used last. In a word, much of the same features as there are for songs in iTunes.

EDIT: the video worked with iPhone now. Good work svdomer! Great video and just what iTunes needs for app managing. Hope we'll see this implemented someday, the sooner the better!

6. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Great ideas, great video, i love you... ;)

7. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    nice work and great idea this would be awesome

8. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Great idea and video. It would definitely be better than what apple has already.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fit with how apple does all their other syncing.

I just don't see why apple doesn't just do playlists like with music and videos. They could also do stars/ratings for games. Then you could make smart "albums" for your games.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    now this is revolutionary. or, well, close enough.

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Like the idea, but will probably never see the light of day!

11. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I was thinking of something similar but on the actual device, like moving groups of apps or an entire page, or adding pages in the middle of others. My idea is that when you get into the "wobble apps" rotate landscape and you see two pages. you can drag the pages back and forth or tap certain apps and move them as a group.