App "in review" for over a week?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MHille, Sep 2, 2012.

1. MHille

MHille Well-Known Member

I had a new version of JiggleSaw waiting for review. I then finished my new free version and submitted that, with in an hour both apps went into review (JiggleSaw had been in the queue for about 10 days at this point).

JiggleSaw was approved after a few hours but over a week later the free version is still in review. I set the free version to go on the app store on the 5th.

Having had a look at the Apple documentation I'm not sure if the free version will stay in review until the 5th or if the process has broken down and I should contact Apple.

Any ideas?

Matthew

2. Graftopo

Graftopo Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Our App "Poop Attack!" took 11 days to get approved by apple... so don't worry i suppose you will just have to wait for a bit longer.

In addition we recently submitted our free version of the app and we are at 8 days and still counting :( ...

3. MHille

MHille Well-Known Member

Yes, but was it marked as "waiting for review" or "in review"?

Matthew

4. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    They might not really went into review. It might just be a glitch and it should display waiting for review or something.

JC

5. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    Glitches like that are rare, most likely the app is actually still "in review"

Although saying that, none of our apps or updates have ever been "in review" for longer than a few days, so maybe there is a problem there

Wait until tomorrow (if not a few more days, "Labor day" weekend n' all) and if the app still doesnt get reviewed, shoot them an email to find out why

6. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Not that rare, it did happen to me once: the app went stray into review, but at the end, it did get out about a week later (same time as normal cycle).

What is rare, is when new apps went stray into reviews.

JC

7. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmmm the 5th is cutting it so close at this point. Contacting apple probably won't do anything. You just have to wait. Make sure you change that release date though the day before if you're still stuck in limbo. I've experienced 2 weeks of wait time so I'm not surprised.