Universal Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #41 Intendro, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Well...
    "Scam" is definitely too strong a word.

This argument is still going, huh. I've had about enough of it.
    Well... *sigh*
    Unfortunately, there's still some kind of problem here. This point:

That just should not happen. The price was literally hidden behind a paywall.
    (I can't find another way of accessing it besides the Top IAP- which wasn't there before.
    And of course it makes no sense to make your customers ask each other to find out how much something costs.)

Sorry. I think I'm done here. :eek:

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Instabought! I really hope they bring AA6 to iOS.

3. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    The file size is the main reason that I won't buy this. The hidden price of the full game makes it easier to make my decision.

I won't say that it's a scam. But it is very misleading. If I didn't scan the whole thread, I would have been duped. Not cool.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Well derailed, guys

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep. Easily the grossest thread I've had the displeasure of monitoring on TouchArcade in a long time.

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Seriously guys. Classic Touch Arcade derailing - when it goes south, there's just no stopping it.

Sigh.

About the game, then:
    - anything changed from the DS version? It's been a long time since I played it, so I'm curious. The file size does bother me a bit.
    - for those who do have the game, does it support portrait mode?

I should really just go finish Dual Destinies and then go play Spirits of Justice on the 3DS before I replay this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Electrolite82

Electrolite82 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Musician
    Belfast
    I LOVE this and I only have one annoyance.Why do I NEED internet to play this,I had planned to play this at hospital appointments as waiting takes forever,Now I can't as I can't get a signal!#

8. FancyPenguin

FancyPenguin Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Big fan of the series, been long enough since I beat this one. Think I'll grab this later! :D

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Email them, tell them this is a problem. Hopefully they'll fix it...

10. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    did anyone understand this line?
    "PLEASE NOTE: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney offers some optional in game content that requires payment. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your devices settings."

where is the in-app purchases in my device settings?

11. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Settings>General>Restrictions. Turn on restrictions and turn off IAPs.

12. DenzilofDojima

Sep 20, 2013
    United Kingdom
    #52 DenzilofDojima, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Apollo is definitely one of the weaker entries in the series while still being a solid game in its own right.

Apollo himself, despite possessing unique talents, fails to develop much as a character. He seems to exist merely to provide a new perspective on series MVP Phoenix Wright.

His cohorts, too, suffer when compared to those of the first games (though in fairness they haven't had 3 games to develop).

This is still a fantastic VN though and much more interactive than many VNs (be in no doubt though, you will do a LOT of reading). The story and courtroom logic are solid (despite the craziness) and these games are perfect for mobile. It goes without saying that if you're invested in the series you should grab it.

Curious first timers beware; despite the order of release on IOS, this game takes place before Dual Destinies. For maximum enjoyment play the first 3 (superior) entries in the AA series first!

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Something about these games I find weird. I don't know how people get into them

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    okay...?

15. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm buying this the second I finish the first trilogy that I bought a couple of years ago :D

Not thrilled about online only, but these games are a blast, so I guess Capcom shenanigans have to be tolerated.

16. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I feel you on the needing to be online. Not sure if it matters to anyone, but I think the online requirement may only be for the initial login. Perhaps, it needs to check the authenticity of the purchased episodes? I tried switching to airplane mode when the game was already open and it works fine afterwards. Just FYI.

17. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ooh good to know, thanks! In the rare occasions I don't have a connection (eg airplane) maybe I launch the game prior to Airplane Mode. Nice find!

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Love the reviews on the AppStore for this. "99 cents is a steal but it turns out it's not even the full game what a rip off don't buy."

19. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    No problem. Happy to help#

20. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    Game broken at the moment, well for me anyway. Always crashes at the shoe printing tutorial. Hope they fix it soon.