Universal Apocalypse Meow: Save the Last Humans (by SplitCell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 6, 2015.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the assist guys

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fantastic fun. Thought I had it figured out then unlocked a higher level of the first stage. Thought then I had it figured out and suddenly some equipment slots appeared on my ship...

Can't wait to see what sneaks up on me next heh. Great work guys, bought doubler/adremover as support.

Does this game support controllers?

3. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Aside from being a complete and utter clone of Sky Force, it's a great game! My only complaint is that the voice acting is godawful, almost to the point of distraction. The game itself is so gorgeous and amazingly polished, that I can't believe the developer settled with such horrendous voice acting.

Also, what's with the pointless cat/dog plot?

4. cirrus82

cirrus82 Active Member

May 30, 2015
    I was wondering if anyone would ask for that. It doesn't yet, we de-prioritized that as it wasn't requested during beta. It's on the list of things for an update now!

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011

My main reason is due to what I call 'finger drag'. When I play games like this that are intense action based with my finger always pressed on the screen I periodically feel a drag and have to swap to a different finger heh.

Honestly though, the feature would be mixed use for me currently since there currently are NO controllers that attach to the sides of the ipad and use mifi which means holding a controller in hand and figuring a way to make my ipad stand up vertically would be amusing to watch.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I actually thought the voices were great, but that's just MHO. =)

I'm about to post the game of the week reminders. Make sure you all vote for Apocalypse Meow! There are some tough contenders this week!

7. Anotherkellydown

[​IMG]

[thread=267677][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267872][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267701][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267695][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267582][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267824][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267858][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266486][​IMG][/thread]

Apocalypse Meow: Save the Last Humans

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

August 6th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

8. cirrus82

cirrus82 Active Member

May 30, 2015
    That was kind of the consensus here... It makes sense that on a larger device you'd get tired of dragging around if you play a lot, but I think you'd have to have the device on a stand. We're still up for implementing it, I think it'd be fun with airplay.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Voted for game of the week.

Also i have a tablet and phone I play this game on and I'm perfectly happy with "finger dragging" easy and fun.

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I don't reallyunderstand the dog/cat plot complaint. It would be so much better with a military plot with the military/space stereotypes & one-liners. No, they instead decided to make a little humor & twist on a typical genre.

11. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I dig this game. And personally I like the voice acting. Obviously Sky Force 2014 has a strong presence. But it's well executed. And if there's one game over he last year that I couldn't get enough of, it's Sky Force 2014. The voice acting and characters have a Star Fox appeal to me. And while I thought their voice acting (read: Star Fox) was also cheesy, it somehow grew on me. I think this is a solid offering from a Dev that made a previous game that I loved as well.

12. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Good idea!

That is true! That would be a fun feature! :)

13. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    It is funny that you mention Starfox! When I saw Nero for the first time I was reminded of Star Fox too! :)

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Wow that guy up their had a great idea . Playing the cat side . Maybe be the bad guys trying to stop the dogs . Holy crap what a great idea

15. Anotherkellydown

From post #57, directly below one of your posts ;)

16. duckee75

duckee75 Member

May 8, 2012
    The developers have done a fantastic job on this game it's addictively fun but I do have a couple questions/issues the first is that I've played through sector 5 and destroyed all the asteroids I can find too many times to count and still haven't come across 40 is there something I'm missing? And lastly the Asteroid crusher achievement seems to stall at about 1/4 of the way through

17. Anotherkellydown

#117 Anotherkellydown, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    I didn't notice the asteroid crusher achievement until you said something. I've definitely destroyed way may than 2000 of them and mine is stuck at 1/3 complete as well. It's the last one I need.

18. SplitCell

SplitCell Member

May 21, 2015
    Thanks for pointing this out! We'll take a look and see what's going wrong and try to get a update/fix out soon. We definitely want you to get full crushing credit. :)

Mike, SplitCell

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have a request I don't think anyone has asked for or asked if it was a conscious design choice. Why don't we get bonus minerals for rescuing humans? Most of the time I'm just like screw it I'm not going out of my way lol. I go for the minerals. And that defeats the storyline in a way.

Thoughts?

Billy

20. neurowave

neurowave Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    This is an interesting idea, Billy. I think we're open to itÂ… what do others think? Might be good to add a mineral counter to the in game UI in this case as well, so players can see they're being rewarded for picking up (and dropping off) the humans.