Universal Apocalypse Meow: Save the Last Humans (by SplitCell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 6, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    At what point does your main weapon switch to multiple ? I'm at level 4 and it's just getting faster an faster but in some of the videos it looks like 3 wide shots.

Billy

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I think the wide shots you're talking about are the "side guns" upgrade.

3. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Enjoying the game, bought the doubler. ;) a quick suggestion I would love to see implemented is that the levels stay at the difficulty previously selected instead of reverting to the hardest level difficulty you have cleared.

Right now I am playing area 3, pup level to grind gems to level up. But because I have already cleared all objectives, every time I do something like go to the upgrade shop, when I come back to area 3, it is back to brave level...which is way to hard for my current upgrades...

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Those wide shots are the side guns with the main guns

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok. Time to upgrade side guns hehe

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I have a feeling there's a lot of nice Tech still waiting to be found :)

Attached Files:

7. neurowave

neurowave Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Are you playing as Maverick or Laika? They have different bullet types (which you can see in the videos) and they upgrade differently. As others mentioned, you also probably need to upgrade your Side Guns. :)

Thanks for buying the doubler! Regarding the sectors resetting to the highest difficulty level, this is really good feedback.

Woot, nice find! Yes, there are a lot moreĀ… and more coming. :)

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Buying mineral doubler and ship construction iap. Can we see any more iap in the future along with a new ship we could buy. Anything of that nature? I see where you replied that more levels are in the works , awesome

9. cirrus82

cirrus82 Active Member

May 30, 2015
    Awesome to hear you ask for this. We considered more ships with different abilities, but we were a little worried casual gamers would be confused by the RPG like elements we've already included. We're kind of gently testing the waters with Maverick and Laika, I think new ships for both of them (or perhaps a whole new quadruped) would fit really well!

10. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I understand what your saying and that is actually what I meant by new ships. I didn't clarify very well. This game is already perfect but throwing things like that into the mix just adds to the amazing quality and quantity of content. Their is already so much for a free game. I would def. pay for a dlc or make it free and add money powerups for it or whatever. I've bought a couple of items in this game. I would even pay for different ship themes, boosters, extreme difficulty , side missions/games , ect. Also is their a developer website or forum or do you all run through social media. Sorry for all the comments just like to give feedback toward the game if it helps.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Curious, where the heck are the iap options? I'd like to support the devs but don't see the option anywhere.

12. SplitCell

SplitCell Member

May 21, 2015
    Hi Taeles, the store icon appears after you've opened and closed the app three times. Thanks for your support!

Mike, SplitCell

13. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I almost posted the same thing. I don't know how many times I went through every menu in the game looking for the IAP everyone was talking about. Then it just popped up out of nowhere. Then I wondered if it always there and I just missed it. I began to question my sanity.

14. cirrus82

cirrus82 Active Member

May 30, 2015
    You can check out our website at http://www.splitcell.com, or the game's site at http://apocalypsemeow.com. No forums yet as we are pretty small and the feedback has been very manageable (and highly appreciated!). A forum would look pretty desolate :) Feel free to contact us however you wish. We're very responsive over email too, [email protected] goes to all four of us.

We've been hearing that a lot! We wanted to make sure people really understood the hangar and how long it takes to do upgrades manually. Felt wrong to ask people to pay without knowing really what they get for X amount of minerals and how long upgrades really take. I think we erred a little too far on that side however, we'll likely tweak this a little going forward. Thanks for the feedback and huge thanks for the support!

15. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    this game is surprisingly well made. I wouldve spent $5 on this

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I've played the first level twice and couldn't unload the humans onto the main ship. Can someone please tell me how to do this ?

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Honestly I became very frustrated. If you remember I'm the first one that asked where the store was in the game. I searched and searched. Perhaps you should have the store icon there but put a disclaimer when you click it that the option becomes available after three boots and you should take the time to learn the hangar mechanics.

Also what I'm upset about is I didn't realize the different ships had different attack types. I chose the wrong one and now I've spent money on minerals for the wrong ship. All it said in the description was health and agility. I went for health and I liked that ships design better. Now I would have to start over if I wanted the attack pattern I really wanted.

Billy

18. cirrus82

cirrus82 Active Member

May 30, 2015
    The rescue ship has two docking beams. Hover over them until they fill completely, the humans will beam over to the rescue ship and it will take them to safety.

19. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #99 Jayg2015, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    To the guy that didn't know where to dock the humans . I didn't realize the first time either but after I noticed just picking them up didn't work . I payed more attention to the dogs voice In the top corner saying that the docking ship is coming up . I figured it out after listening to what the guys were telling me. It's kind of like a tutorial if you listen to what's being said and at the same time their is humor and personality instead of just written on the screen.
    Also picking between the two ships is clearly your decision on which way u want to start the game out.

20. neurowave

neurowave Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Thank you! Share with your friends and maybe buy an ad remover or mineral doubler, if you want to support us! :)

This is all really good feedback, Billy. We have an update ready for the Store issue. We're also looking at making it clearer the first time you select a character that the attack types are different, so you can preview that before making a decision. PMing you for more info, please check!