Universal Apocalypse Meow: Save the Last Humans (by SplitCell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#21 Anotherkellydown, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Freaking love it. And frankly, I don't care that it "borrows" heavily from Sky Force 2014. It's like having a brand new SF to play. It's a free game with no ads, so I say at least give it a try. The timers haven't hindered my play yet, so I don't see a problem there. Unless you die a lot. If you like this and haven't played SF 2014, then I highly suggest you get that now. Oh and I find the controls to work perfectly! iPhone 6...

I hate working on new game release day!!!

2. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Me too!

I don't know it doesn't say in the menu. It seems there's only one option to get rid of them.

Attached Files:

3. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Yeah I also really like the little time I had with it so far. And yes it sucks to work on release day huh? It's much nicer when you can take your time checking out different games and reading the TA forums :)

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I am totally stocked in the first mission, when the rescue ship comes and I have to board the humans(5), I tried everything but it doesn't work, how do you do that?

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Finally did it

6. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I found the first container next to an asteroid.
    It's like in Sky Force, you can upgrade your hangar & ship.

Attached Files:

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    this game is awesome! Like most said, it's like the excellent Skyforce2014 but in a SciFi with different visuals :)

If they make the controls a bit less "wobbly" and more precise (i don't know how else to describe it, when you move your finger the ship moves and the stop is a bit wobbly?) i will buy the doubler for sure :)

Edit : and this is coming from a cat person :)

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Furries are going to have a (fur)ball with this one.
    The anthropomorphic animal art looks absolutely amazing.
    SkyForce is all I need really, but these art assets and the cheesy setting made me download this anyway! XD

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is getting to me.. I had a dream I got a pet kitten. WHYYYY!!?? DAMN THOSE EVIL FURBALLS.

However Sky Force does indeed have more responsive controls. This would be fixed if the devs would add a sensitivity slider on this game. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they're visiting this thread. They didn't reply to my email either.

10. neurowave

neurowave Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Haha, glad you're enjoying it! Honored for the comparison! Where did you send the email? I haven't seen anything yet… use [email protected] or you can contact us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/splitcell and Twitter https://twitter.com/splitcellgames. You can also contact me directly at [email protected] or @guidorosso on Twitter.

We did a pretty lengthy beta and tried to balance the controls as best as possible for casual players and hardcore players. Are you playing as Laika? She has more responsive controls. We're totally open to feedback and making improvements as we go… sensitivity slider may be a good way to go! We're a small team of 4, so you'll find that we're very eager to keep our fans happy, and we can turn around updates quickly. :)

11. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I think I'll stick with Skyforce. There just isn't anything going on with the levels... the ship patterns are dull and repeated. For the first two levels it's just scrolling space in the background and a bunch of asteroids. The bad voice acting and weird realistic cat-people aren't really doing much for me either.

I'm glad others are enjoying it, it seems very polished graphics-wise. It's just missing the "soul" that games like Skyforce and Danmaku Unlimited have. It probably doesn't help they mirrored so many of their systems from Skyforce, it ends up just making me wish I was playing that instead.

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, pretty lame, dog and cat premise included. So many other far superior options in this genre.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Glad you stopped by!

I'd love to have cloud saving added if possible. I've put quite a bit into the game on my iPhone and would love to have my upgrades carried over to my Mini 2.

Been using Laika from the start. No problems with the movement for me. Bought the doubler and ad removal IAP.

This is probably a stupid question (there's no such thing as a stupid question!) but did/do you guys play and love Sky Force 2014 like I do? That was my favorite game of 2014 and I'm thrilled to be playing Apocalypse Meow, since the similarities are so apparent.

14. neurowave

May 31, 2015
    Awesome, thanks for the purchases and support! We're looking at iCloud syncing, definitely an upcoming feature. We currently support iCloud backing up, but looking into the realtime syncing across devices.

Glad to hear the controls are working well for you! Regarding Sky Force, we're definitely big fans… StarFox, Resogun, and Steredenn were also a big influence! I think you'll find inspiration from all of those. :) We're also big RPG fans, which we tried to somewhat incorporate into this type of more casual mobile game… (multiple characters, ship upgrades, dog/cat tech that someone mentioned earlier). Again, our hopes were and are to find a good balance for the casual player and the hardcore players.

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    You bought the doubler and the ads remover? Where? There are no option on my mobile, I can't find any IAP!

16. neurowave

May 31, 2015
    We hide the store for the first three bootups of the game, so we don't overwhelm first time players… the hangar and sector screens can be complicated the first time you see them. This allows us to keep the navigation simpler too… first teach players how to select sectors and go to the hangar to upgrade their ship. Gives you a chance to understand how the game and hangar work before spending money.

By the way, we do the same thing for ads… the ads turn on when the store turns on. This gives you a chance to figure out if you like the game before we start asking you to please give us some money. :)

17. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Which is a good idea

18. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The exact same thing stumped me the first 2 times I played the level. I felt like I had missed something.... When the rescue ship shows up it will have two light fields pulsing out the sides. Maneuver your ship into the pulse and it will start to pick up your rescued astronauts. The beam turns blue as its happening.

19. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Thank you, I finally made it last night ^^

20. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    #40 WjndWalk3r, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    anyone save the centurion on sector 3 yet ? i think he's rediculous hard to protect :confused: he's alway surround by the drone swarm. He's finally dead for ramming drone swarm or energy turret (my gun is level 2 )