Universal Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead [Wandake]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Sep 14, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Are you guys looking into fixing the gamecenter leaderboards and adding achievements.

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Wandake does Metal Slug. DELICIOUS.

I took one look at the trailer for this and knew it was going to be good, then read back through the previous pages to confirm what I already thought.

Now it's time to download.

3. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Just bought on my 2nd gen itouch and Max is a white figure the move buttons are gaint what a rip off. At least say that it won't work on 2nd gens!!!!! I just wasted 3 bucks!!!! Also the screens at the top during the turtorial are white too!!! Please fix or give me a refund for not saying it wont work!

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    My offer still stands. I've been playing this game on and off all day and i'm not even remotely tired of it. I look forward to ratcheting up the difficulty and giving it another go. The only other game I was this excited to play was gear of war 1. Imo its right up there with the best of them. Kudos to the developer for creating such a masterpiece!

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - i've been travelling with work all week and tracking what look like very poor releases. This has brightened my weekend. Seeing it compared to Metal Slug and Ghosts and Goblins by psj got me. Great game and actually would be perfect on iCade. Well done.

6. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Also I played the first level and it was solid white and impossible to play... Really bummed about this game considering I deleted about 10 games to install... Bummer

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think it's safe to say this is one of 2012's best action shooter releases.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One advice, ask around in the forums if it works on an outdated device first before buying. The devs may overlook to change the description on the appstore. Most of the good looking releases now will probably give the older devices a hard time at reading and playing them.

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Still downloading, but I am wondering if this will be the first ever Contravania. If there is any Metroid in there, it would be the first Controidvania.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What made Castlevania and Metroid click for me is the vast areas and the exploration involved. This doesnt have any, but it does everything it offers at the highest grade.

11. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #111 SumoSplash, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    This was a double post that I deleted since I can find NO DELETE POST BUTTON anywhere.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #112 Rip73, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Click report in iTunes at the record of your purchase of the game and say its not compatible with your device and you'll get a refund from Apple without any bother.
    Some games just won't run on older devices.
    And the developer can't really give you a refund from here as Apple actually has that money at the moment.
    But the report in iTunes should work out for you.

13. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Where do I find the report button! And thanks!

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Welcome guys... Your work is awesome and I'd like to give some extra points to your art director!
    Keep on and wish you good sales!

15. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    There's no delete button cuz people are conniving bastards.

16. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I hate games like zombieville. There are a lot on the AppStore. Not meaning to offend anyone, they are so dull, the gameplay is basically non-existent, graphics are sub par. They are worse than the worst of snes/genesis games. I'd compare this title more to metal slug. Or shank. Far less frantic than MS. No less enjoyable though. Best game in it's genre for ios devices.
    There are a lot of platforming elements after the first batch of levels. Multiple teirs to jump to. Lots of pits. And, a classic, spikes to fall onto and die.
    As for IAP, never felt compelled to consider it and I'm on the second to last level.
    To sum it up, great game. Buy it.

17. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I find zombieville Dull, but I've found myself playing zombieville 2 a shit ton.

But yeah a-max > zombieville.

18. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I want this game but i haz no dang moneyz

19. This game sure looks like fun, hate to ask, but is it better than Metal Slug 3?

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I was a bit quick to complain about the lack of platforming, it takes a few stages but the levels get more complex as you go.

I am finding things a bit easy and full starring a level doesn't seem to take any effort, not sure what the metric is being based on? Being an arcade game I don't understand the omission of achievements or mini goals which would prolong longevity, I would love to see these in a future update as well as some extra weight added to the star system itself.

Still a fun and nicely done game but would score it a fiver if there was a bit more to come back for.