Universal Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead [Wandake]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tell ya what, i'll reimburse up to 5 people if they can prove to me that this game is not worth the 2.99 after they've bought it and played it for an hour minimum. This is coming out of my own personal pocket. The game is THAT good. If you like metal slug/contra type games you will love this one, guaranteed. If you can make an argument about how this game is not worth $3 after you've bought it and given it a chance, i will send you the $3 via paypal. Just pm me. And just an FYI i have no connection to the developer of this game. I just love that they put so much time and effort and took a chance to make a game like this. So this is coming out of my love for solid iOS games and I do not have any financial stake at play (unless i end up losing $15, heh).

2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    You're on! If its not worth the money, i'll reimburse you the funds out of my own pocket.

3. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

4. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    The only thing that Im struggling with this game is...

It a 4.5 star game or 5 star game

either way its Excellent

5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Bring it! ;)

6. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Spoiler Alert: Some of the zombies can shoot back! Man this took me by surprise. Just when I thought the game couldn't get any harder, they ratchet it up another notch. Still loving this game. IMO it belongs in the same hall of fame as Metal Slug and the original Contra games.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Whoa. Where did this come from. Yummy.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was gonna give it a 4.5, because i believe a 4.5 means there's still room for improvement, but at the same time it says it is almost perfect, and it will encourage the devs to improve the game a bit more. :)

Since this game deserves better than a 4, and there isnt a .5 on itunes, i gave it a 5 instead. :)

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yea, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    Can't see anyone coming up with a reasonable (other than silly app store race to the bottom) argument as to why it's not worth the price.
    Good challenge, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. No win possible.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #90 Rip73, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

Sorry about the delay replying guys, long day of meetings and short breaks.

Impressions are solid.
    Very fun game, well worth it.
    Not my usual type of game but the visuals caught my eye and I jumped.
    Only had the chance to play for a bit less than a couple of hours.
    But so far it is very addictive and a lot of fun. Work today got in the way of playing it more.
    Really like the visuals, slice in half with knife is real nice turn.
    Plus, it's got a sissy mode, come on, what else is goint to encourage you to go to more difficult levels.
    Real glad I got. It entertains me greatly. It's a very solid game.
    I find the controls excellent as well. If anything, I'd move the jump button to accommodate the swipe to slash better, but after a while it didn't matter.
    I really like the sound effects, weapon sounds and detail of them.
    At the beginning it seemed easy till I noticed I was at "sissy" difficulty. Had to change that fast. It is definitely getting more challenging now. I won't say anymore about that part as its a bit of a spoiler.

Definite solid recommendation.

11. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Why do I always spend my last few bucks the day before a kick ass game comes out.

12. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    This game has the best game in it's category on ios by far. I love everything about it, only complaint is that there are no gamecenter achievements and for some reason my leaderboards don't show up. Any possiblity of an update for this?

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #93 JBRUU, Sep 14, 2012
    Bought.

Edit: great game. All who have not purchased: well worth $3. I'm afraid I cannot call my $3 from jmw2.

14. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Loving the game so far. But will it ever feature gamecenter achievements in a future update?

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Is this like Metal Slug 3 with new graphics?

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #96 awp69, Sep 14, 2012
    Well, everyone's been saying that and, to a point, you could say it's like Metal Slug with zombies. But it's less frantic than Metal Slug and not sure if there's any vehicles at any point in the game (that I've seen so far). The zombies and various variety of them are more difficult to take down than in the enemies than in a game like MS, so that kind of makes up for it maybe being a little slower paced.

Don't let that deter you though. It's a blast to play.

Only complaint I have is what others have commented on -- the swiping for using your knife. But I'm getting used to it.

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Pretty much lol

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really like Metal Slug and platforming games in general but I always felt games like Zombieville USA were really dull: just walk right and shoot everything. From Sanuku's video, it seems to fall into the latter category, where the platforming is very basic and the enemies just repeat. Also, buying guns in a store is usually a sign of unbalanced gameplay: either grind or pay. So these 2 issues really concern me. Can anybody comment on those?
    (iCade support for such a game always makes it better as well)

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #99 metalcasket, Sep 14, 2012
    This sissy just finished the game. :D A bloody fantastic journey from start to end with such memorable locations. Can't wait to increase the difficulty and take Max out for a few more adventures!

EDIT: GiHubb..there wasn't a single moment when I came even remotely close to needing an IAP.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Have to agree with metalcasket. No need for IAPs or grinding for me thus far. And to me, it's got a lot more variety than something like Zombieville. The various locations, enemy types (there's not just zombies...heck, there's even fish!), all make it more compelling IMO.