Universal Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead [Wandake]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Sep 14, 2012.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thread Bump!

I bought one of the new IAP characters, Commando Max, who gives infinite ammo. I didn't buy any of the others simply because having infinite ammo negates having to even bother with the other characters. I was right, because now I literally just walk through the game with no repercussions. My advice is to not buy any of these characters, as it makes an already too easy game even easier.

What this title really needs is a survival mode. This would suit the special abilities of the new characters perfectly.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I bought all characters and commando is pretty broken. Every other character is ok, but not broken. Broken as in too OP, and in turn makes the game boring.

3. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'OP' but I can only assume you mean having infinite ammo is too strong an attribute. It definitely is and removes even more of the challenge from a game that, in my opinion, should be twice as hard (even on suicidal).

Survival mode. That's where it's at.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    OP = overpowered

Shame to hear about the new characters, I'll grab at least the one when I reinstall though to support dev. Would love to see some level packs with a bit more platforming involved like the later levels.

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Even the character that makes you regain health (Surgeon Max) is pointless. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have died from damage taken, and I mean since the game was released. If anything I die from a faulty jump, either because the game glitches out or my thumb slides out of position on my phone.

The two characters that seem to make the most sense to buy are Ninja Max and Athletic Jax, but sticking with A-Max is probably best to retain at least minimal challenge.

6. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    screen is flippin every time when the level is over and i can not buy any IAP, gives me an error...

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Luckily I brought this whn it's slightly cheaper lol

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol same here

Billy

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    They recently soft launched a totally freemium version with a lot of new content on Android. I'm guessing they jacked up the price since they plan to either update this into that version or replace it.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This was one of my favorite games back then. Got bored when i got one of the characters which kinda broke the game for me. Im sure this is still good fun though, but that new price may be a bit steep considering all the other option/s you can get for that price.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That must be a mistake lol

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I hope so.