iPad Anytime Golf: Lite Edition now available ($free)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xscea, Jun 17, 2009.

1. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    #1 xscea, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
  2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I'm downloading the lite now. I'm kinda dissapointed with Let's Golf so far, so who knows, maybe this will lead to a sale for you :)

3. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Ok, so far its pretty decent. I definitely like the swing mechanic better than Let's Golf's...a few early gripes though

-landscape mode is needed
    -I'm not a girl
    -If your in a sand trap, that doesn't mean you can only hit a sandwedge effectively

4. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    How is that even possible? Especially at 99cents... :rolleyes:

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I mean, it was certainly worth it at that price, but some of the basic gameplay mechanics seem flawed to me. I guess I'm looking for more of a "sim" rather than "arcade" golf game

Btw...you surf?

6. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

tiger = sim
    let's golf = arcade

if you want a sim, tiger is what you are looking for.

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    i wonder whether it is OK for those who cannot play golf? or it is only 4 the golfers?

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

YOU tell me its FREE! stop with your horrid posts!

9. xscea

xscea Member

May 9, 2009
    It may be wrong for me to do so, but I always laugh whenever I see people say this about our game. There's like 2 reviews on the app store where people slam the game because you can only play as a girl.

The simple answer for why you're a girl in Anytime Golf is resources. This was a zero-budget title made by two guys in their spare time. For those who don't make games and don't understand the effort involved: it's really freakin hard to make a character model that doesn't completely suck... and then animate it! It would have been a ton of work to make two character models and two animation sets. So we asked, "should we make a guy model or a girl model?" And the decision was to make a girl model.

But really it came down to this: Would you rather play golf as a dude or as Lara Croft?

And there you have the real answer. :)

We might offer an update in the future with a male golfer though... It's not off the table.

10. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA

I can hit my driver out of a sand trap if necessary :p It makes a huge divot, but it is very useful. Using your driver out of the bunker may be a possible feature that you might want to add in an update.