Anyone want to start a game of Maplestory with me?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coconutbowling, Jun 3, 2009.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Well, after playing Zenonia, I was reminded how much it's like MS. I played this 3 years back, but want to start getting back into it. Maplestory is a 2D side-scrolling MMORPG. The battle system runs pretty much like Zenonia. When you level up, you get 3 stat points and a skill point. You go around doing quests and whatnot. I don't want to do it by myself. If anyone wants to do it with me, just send me a message on my public profile or something.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PART=/Main

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I used to play it. To be honest, it sucked up way too much of my time. Toward the end when I was still a puny level 24, I'd grind for 3 hours and I'd be only half-way to leveling up. Worse part is I didn't even feel the 3 hours go by. Scary :eek:

3. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #3 spacecowgoesmoo, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
    Been there as well, got to level 53 Page before I quit. Here's the thing about the game from what I've played - a lot of the fun is the 'OMG I'm gonna be awesome at level 70+' thing. Not really. I later played the same character in a private server with a high EXP ratio, and got to 75 or so in a week. Turns out that doing 5000+ damage per hit is only awesome in fantasies, and gets old in about an hour. Worse, the decent monsters at that level will hit you around 1500, which will KILL YOU if you are unattentive for ~5 seconds. Or, say, if the game lags for a sec and your potion gets delayed. If you have a party with a Priest and a DK, this isn't so bad, it'll take ~10 seconds of everyone being unattentive to die. This drove me to quitting again, on the private server. Now imagine that when you die, you lose all your XP (unless you're an assassin or pay IRL cash). And in the normal server it takes about a week of training nonstop to level at that point. Yea.

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

i would rather kill myself than play maplestory, i had a 61 fighter and doing LMPQ over and over is just boring, possibly the worst online game i have ever played

Zenonia is wayyyyyyyyyy better

5. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Fine, no one wants to. It's probably for the best. I played earlier and had a level 23 Mage. I spent hours upon hours on it. I'll spend my life on Stepmania instead.

6. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

u can have the 61 fighter if u want to get into it again 0.o

7. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks, but I'll pass.

8. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008