Anyone try Sonifi yet?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by uoogi, Jun 20, 2009.

1. uoogi

uoogi Member

May 28, 2009
    Sonifi was released this week from BT and Sonik Architects.

It's supposed to be a realtime remix app.

From the app description, it seems like a hybrid mix of Ableton Live and Korg's KAOSS Pad.

It would be great to hear from people who've checked it out.

2. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Actually .... I did purchase it .... but .... it requires 3.0 and I can't upgrade my iPhone because I am traveling for work with my "authorized" laptop but I'm afraid to upgrade since it's not the computer (mac) my iPhone is synced to. So .... I am totally bummed because I really wanted this app, paid for it and can't install it (should have read the fine print). So go ahead and make this thread a "how great Sonifi is" and make me drool .... I won't be home for another 3 months.

3. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Sonifi is excellent. One of my favourite apps and one of the best £3 I've spent on the App store.

Even though you can only alter 4 things (and each of those things have 4 alterations) the variety in each jam that I have on it is amazing.

I'm looking forward to them adding more DJs and tracks!

4. Destinite

Destinite New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Not sure it's worth $4.99, but you're basically getting 4 versions of a song from BT's upcoming album that you can mix and match bass, synth, lead and drums, and save. No export feature to my knowledge, but I like the "shake to stutter" effect. The high and low-pass filters are standard, and the visualizer is nice. But you only get 1 song and can't add more.

Didn't BLOW my mind, but I see huge potential for this. As it stands, I'd say it's worth $2.99, maybe. I'm a huge BT fan so I don't regret the purchase, but I can see how a lot of people would be turned off, especially with apps like noise.io and Beatmaker that are WAY deeper.

Either way, it's the coolest promo for a new song that I've ever seen.

5. uoogi

uoogi Member

May 28, 2009
    Wow, I may need to get it now. I've always admired how BT sometimes "open sources" his music. I loved it when he released his tracks for that Ableton Live remix contest a while back. :)

@Marlene
    Wow, that's a bummer. Kinda like having an itch you can't scratch! ;)

6. Destinite

Destinite New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah, BT is a really cool artist in that way.

The way I look at it - I grew up in a time where you paid $3.49 for a cassette single. You'd usually get 1 or 2 songs on that. This is like an interactive single, where the additional $1.50 gets you the ability to play with the music. And if you love the song "Rose of Jericho", it's worth it.