iPad Anyone tried Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TSP, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Hello there!
    Today I saw a new game in the store, Apocalypse, anyone tried it yet? The description and pictures in the app-store don´t really convey what the game is about or what it plays like. Like an example to developers how not to present your game:)

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #2 NotYou, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  3. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Well, I saw a video of it, and it looks like a great game! As far as I know, you control the little thing looking like a ball on wheels, and you tilt the ipod/phone left and right to turn that way, you tilt it forward to accelerate, and you are supposed to collect orb things or cubes or something lol. I'll buy it and tell you what I think of it.

4. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
  5. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

What's this for a game? At first, it looked like a nice adventure or RPG, but after not only looking the the image in the Mobile AppStore, but also the ones in iTunes AppStore, I'm really not sure what type of game this is... :( And the homepage of the developer is broken, most of the links don't work, the game does not seem to exist on their homepage.

Devs, please do your homework. Give us a nice accurate description on the game and a working homepage with a gameplay video.

6. Where did you see the video? Can you post a link please?

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

am i looking at the same game? a lil bee? if so then....yeah...okay
    press go multiple times does not sound like a fun game

8. tunawrap

Sep 16, 2008
  9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I saw the video last night. I couldn't see the screen well and thought it was a panda on a sled. I think it's an eyeball now, though.

10. tunawrap

Sep 16, 2008
    Omg

HOLY F*** this game is not compatable with the first generation ipod touch! WTF!!!!!

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I tried playing it and it was sad.

I got through the story which takes awhile because you can't skip it at all.

After the story they give you the basic directions on how to move Go Go....

But nothing I did moved him. So I would get hit by a falling monster and had to go through the story again! =(

12. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Stupid me bought the game:( Broken sound that cracks up and broken controls making the little Go Go thingy twirl around like a maniac. Can´t recommend this to anyone and I want my money back. 3d graphics, where?

13. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    I just noticed that myself :(

14. Sounds like one to avoid then people (thanks to those who posted on the gameplay). I am curious as to why it isn't compatible with the 1st gen Touch though.

15. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    And now the price is down by half. Still not worth 99 cents as this game is BROKEN. Avoid!

16. Leuvsion

Leuvsion Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Hello all, sorry for the confusion - Leuvsion here!

Hi all, my names Lewis Pugh and I made Apocalypse, firstly sorry for the confusion caused, the game is now $1 / 59p and NOW works on first gen ipod touches.

If you have any questions please as me here or at leuvion@me.com

Videos can be found here:
    www.youtube.com/leuvsion

17. Leuvsion

Leuvsion Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Gameplay

I am confused about your coments on the gameplay, the controls are very simple.

tilt left: rotate go go left

tilt right: rotate go go right

tilt top of phone toward you 45 degree: accelorate

hold flat: brake

you can see game play videos at www.youtube.com/leuvsion

Sound

sound should be crystal clear for music and voice, what ipod / iphone are you using? are you using speakers / headphones?

Story
    The game has 10 chapters / levels,
    The 'story' you played through was the intro to chapter 1 / tutorial.

I will work on a better tutorial mode it is obviously need my apolagies guys.

Background
    This game was made as part of a 30 day challenge, you can view it here:
    www.youtube.com/leuvsion

I will be update this game will new features and content, feel free to make suggestion I always take on board what people suggest.

18. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Remember that this guy made it in only 30 days, so it's bound to not be perfect. I'm sure with a little more time, it'll get better.

19. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Lack of time is not my problem. If it's in the store it must be a finished and working software. Period.

20. I've been thinking about this for a while and agree with you. A developer shouldn't play games with people's money. He gave himself a time limit to get the app done. What if it was even less complete than it is now- would he still have submitted it?