iPad Anyone tested one of those 3 Adventures from AppStore?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Auhron, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    Hi guys,

i know the headline is not very well picked, but anyway, I'm interested if anyone of you played one of these three adventures? I would like to wright done some additional information on them, but currently don't want to buy them just based on the small pics and infos ;)

JakeHunter Seaside City Conspiracy

JakeHunter Crash and Burn

Imprisoned!

For the Germans, you can find some pictures directy under this link, click me.

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    jack hunter looks something like csi: miami.
    but it doesn't seem to be very polished though.

3. Shyningfade

Shyningfade Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Imprisoned! is pretty good, but it requires a bit of patience. Thankfully they released a patch with easy mode, which makes it much more playable from the start. Unfortunately it makes the game ridiculously easy, and without any challenge the game lacks a purpose.

The story is atrocious and the inventory system is poorly implemented. When you go to combine items, it will be lit up in the synthesis menu, but then it will tell you that you need to go back to storage and pick up your items, making for a frustrating experience.

With those quips aside, the game is pretty entertaining. It has a ton of unrealized potential that will hopefully be attained with a couple more updates.

4. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Is Imposoned an adventure game? I thought it was more like a 2D rpg/shooter? I haven't played it though. Does it have any puzzles?

5. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I want to try the JakeHunters, but I haven't taken the plunge. I loved the Gabriel Knight PC games. Wish there was something similar here.

6. mattmanp

Dec 8, 2008
    Hopefully if the Myst, Syberia, and Return to Mystery Island ports do well than we'll see some more good games (both ports and originals) coming soon after that.

7. Highfoot

Highfoot New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Is Syberia, Myst and Return to Mystery Island coming for the Iphone? Any release dates? It would be awsome if it were true! :D

8. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    For the Jake Hunter games, just check out the Nintendo DS reviews as I believe the game includes all 3 cases. So far they have only released 2 cases for the iPhone.

9. Shyningfade

Shyningfade Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I knew Jake Hunter looked familiar! The reviews weren't favorable for that title if I remember correctly, but if they're releasing DS adventure titles, then maybe we can get some Phoenix Wright love in here.

And yeah, Imprisoned! isn't a classic adventure title, it's more of an rpg.

10. Sbell42

Sbell42 Member

Jan 14, 2009
  11. mattmanp

Dec 8, 2008
    I thought I read somewhere that Myst was aiming for Q1 2009. Also, 1112, episode 2 is supposed to be in February I think. Those and the Lost Cavern are the only upcoming adventure games I know of.

12. krazyfingerzz

krazyfingerzz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Net Admin/Professor/I play with gadgets!
    I read somewhere (maybe here but I can't find it) that the Broken Sword series (I have Shadow of the Templars on my Touch phone) was coming to the iphone. I'll post a link to where I found that if I find it again (assuming that it wasn't in reference to another platform). The Jake Hunter games, as someone said, came out on DS. I realized that after I bought the first. It's not bad, but it's not as challenging as the others mentioned at the start of the thread. It reminds me a lot of Hotel Dusk, in terms of all the dialogue. I think that Syberia and Return to Mystery Island should hit the nail right on the head for lovers of the adventure genre. I am probably the only person in the world who hates Myst (all of them, though I still buy every one that comes out), but it's good to see another solid game come aboard. There were a few adventure games that came out for Palm and WinMobile that I think should/could be ported nicely for the iphone and since games seem to keep showing up all the time, it should be an interesting year.