Anyone seeing The Collector tonight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

This movie looks sweet, Im seeing it around 5. Hope I'm not the only one =D

2. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to bump this thread so people can see what I thought of this movie.

So yeah, I went into the theater expecting just another Thriller/Horror and man, this movie blew my mind. First off, its written by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan(who also directed this movie) the writers of a few of the Saw movies(Saw 4,5,6, and 7 to be exact). I definitely saw aspects that it took from them. I noticed the familiar filter they used in the Saws' which was the Green and Yellowish lighting effect in parts of the movie. It was nice to see that famous filter. The movie starts off with a beginning that introduces the killer vaguely and then the beginning credits.

So as any horror movie, theres a bit of a "calm" beginning to introduce the characters. After maybe 20 minutes of calmness, the rest of the movie is a cookie jar filled with action, horror, gore, torture, and creative traps(another aspect from Saw).

The movie will keep you out of your seat and make you want to know who the killer really is. The gore that is in this movie is on an extreme level. I had to look away a few times, and I love this type of stuff in movies.

Not to ruin any of the movie, I would like to conclude that this movie was amazingly good. I am surprised that it wasn't advertised more. I saw two reviews from fairly popular sources(one being the Wall Street Journal), before I saw the movie, and they gave it a bad score. Those reviews were complete lies. This movie was amazing, it was worth the $10, and I would gladly see it again.

If you have nothing to do this weekend, take a few friends to see this movie! It's really fantastic.

I give it a 9/10 just because I was not too happy with the ending, but it wasn't too bad of an ending, I maybe give the ending a 7.5/10.

CHECK IT OUT. GREAT MOVIE!

3. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    What about Saws #8 - ∞? ;) Seriously, that series will NEVER end! As for the movie, I probably won't see it, not my kind of movie. Might have been my kind of book, though!