Anyone own a Samsung Eternity?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by florbastang, Jun 16, 2009.

1. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I'm looking at getting a new cell phone with AT&T. Amazon is offering the Eternity for $0.01, and it looks quite nice. Could any owners give their impressions?

One thing I'm curious about is how the calendar system works? Can you set alarms/reminders to events on the calendar? Will it pop up on the main screen with some sort of alarm when the event is happening (or during some predetermined time prior to the event)?

I'm also looking at the Samsung Impression (I'd have to shell out $50, though) and the LG Xenon.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yes the eternity is good, and yes it has all those calander and reminders that you are looking for. The main difference between the impression and the eternity is the eternity has headphone jack and the impression does not. The eternity also does cable TV for $15 monthly, where the impression does not. But the impression has a nice slide out keyboard. Don't even look at the xenon or LG Vu, both are junk, trust me....

3. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Thanks. What about the differences in the screens between the Eternity and Impression. The latter has that new AMOLED or whatever screen. Is the only difference the brightness/clarity/colors? If so, I don't care. I won't use it for TV or games or anything like that.

I have to say that I'm a bit hesitant to buy a touch screen phone. It seems like rather new technology that could go wrong rather easily. If the touch screen were to start to become unresponsive, that's it for the phone.

Anyone know anything about the warranties on these things?

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Well for the price if you don't have to have a keyboard, go for the eternity, I've seen less issues... The impression seems to have some software glitches on the current firmware (laggy, or freezes)...But the screen is a tad crisper.
    Also any phone bought on AT&T comes with a 1 year manufacture warranty, and within 30 days of purchase you have the option of adding insurance for $4.99 extra monthly, with a $50 deductible if u needed to use it.