Anyone know how long a battery life the Touch has?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by shygamer, Apr 6, 2009.

1. shygamer

shygamer Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Hello,

Just wondering how long the battery life on a 2nd gen 16g Touch
    has? I've had my Touch since September and charge it daily I do not
    have an extended warranty. Since I mainly play games on my Touch and use
    wi-fi my battery doesn't last very long on a charge so therefore I charge it daily. Just wondered how long the battery might last for?

Thanks
    shygamer

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Says 400 full charges before it is at 80% capacity. So you have more than a year.

3. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    36 hours for music and 7 hours for video I think.

But games, I think maybe like 2 or 3 hours... LOL

But for the complete lifetime, I dunno, I'd trust what brewster said.

4. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Yea music has like 0 effect on battery life. But games are max 3 hours for sure.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    My battery indicator can be red and music'll go on for another 90 minutes (screen at minimum brightness, though). Movies, well, there's enough for 2-3. Games will drain like no other. Last you about 2-3 hours at the most.

They came out with a new battery for their MacBooks that last 8 hours (you've all seen the "green" ads :p). I'm hoping they'll use compact versions for the next generation. Also, I read about this virus battery that uses these tiny organism to build-up electrical charges. I'll try to find the link, but I read that they're about 4 times more efficient, so maybe in 3-4 gens?

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Solar panels behind the LCD, which is a theory for iPhone2,1, could be a dramatic battery improvement. Let it set out, and it charges. Have brightness at full? It charges, absorbing excess light. It could be the solution we need.

And they already use less efficient version of the new MBP battery.

7. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    I saw an article on those solar panels, that would be so cool and very convienent!!!!

8. For games I get about an hour with brightness halfway. If at night and brightness all the way down then maybe another hour out of it. I'll definitely prefer to have ipod touch 2G two times as thick if it meant I could play games for two hours during the day. It's got some major work to match a DS. Better speakers, longer battery life, include charger instead of charging $30 for a defective one.