Anyone know anything about users being able to modify levels?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Bretskee, May 18, 2018.

1. Bretskee

Bretskee New Member

May 18, 2018
    Hey guys!

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me... but my question is this.... How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!

2. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    If I understand the question correctly, you will need a back end of some sorts. This can be a BAAS, an infrastructure such as Firebase Realtime DB, or a custom built solution using a database and API. Players would POST their media to the server which stores to a database, and other users would GET data about the specific level when they enter it, and you would display on the front end to the user. Your choice is to find the best/fastest/cheapest solution you are willing to use to store and transfer this data.