Anyone here able to donate TF2 Premium? (Story Inside)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jordanrracer, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    #1 Jordanrracer, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Hi guys, I'm fairly sure I'm acting extremely rude asking for such a thing.
    I have an annoying problem though which I'll be explaining. I've had TF2 since it was announced F2P, but I never bothered to get Premium when I was able to. I recently started playing it nonstop since the beginning of March and I've become obsessed.

So, I was thinking, maybe I should get Premium! So, I considered it.
    My friend told me it only costs literally about 50 cents by buying an item in the TF2 store to become premium, but I never needed to buy steam cash for my wallet. I bought Terraria, L4D2, Portal 2 through a direct transaction over paypal. So, I tried buying the Heavy's Chocolate Bar on the TF2 Shop and I went through transaction, until it asked me I had to pay a minimum of $5 to my steam wallet to use to buy the Chocolate Bar. Apparently you can't do a direct Paypal transaction, you need to first purchase steam credit money to use for games like that. Like I said, the games I purchased before didn't require me to add Steam credit to the wallet since it was over $5 or so. I'm currently out of money on it and I can't refill it for a while as it's my dad's Paypal, not mine. (I'm 17, and going to turn 18 this May). My Paypal account only has two dollars, not enough to refill my Steam account for $5, which is the minimum transaction it does.
    I'm not really sure if you guys understand where I'm getting at, but TLDR: I have inefficient steam credit/Paypal money to afford Premium.

EDIT: I'm no longer considering the TF2 Premium Gifting Tool item, but instead maybe a donation of $5 so I can refill my Steam wallet and buy an item from there for TF2. Reason is, is because I'm trade limited for 15 days as I had to re-enable Steam Guard..

HERE'S THE CATCH:

I'm not asking for FREEBIES, I'd like to consider a trade. I have FOUR (4) Dota 2 Invites I can give away for a TF2 Premium Gift, or I can share my Battlefield 3 PC Account (It lets you download the PC game and everything) because I hate the game, and I will never play it. I got it at 80% off and it came down to only $10 since the nearby ToysRUs closed down and every price was stripped in the store. (I'm not into COD/BF3/etc.)
    Thank you for hearing me out, TA, and I hope anyone kindly spirited would give a favor. :)
    I can be contacted on steam @ Jordanrracer
    Sincerely, Jordan

2. Why can't you ask your dad to add $5 to your Steam wallet? It's not like Steam will save your dad's Paypal account and password. Also, you can try out an item from the TF2 Shop before buying it, which would lower the cost by 15% or so. My friend just upgraded to premium 3 weeks ago by renting and buying the Rocket Jumper, and he spent less than $0.40 total. :p

3. Jordanrracer

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Yeah, it's complicated.

#1 - No money on Paypal for a while, there's only like two bucks on it and my dad doesn't wanna add anymore for now
    #2 - I never put in Steam Wallet money because I never needed to, you could just do a direct transaction from Paypal to Steam if it's over $10 bucks (or $5, I forgot) so my Steam wallet money would just be 0 as everything was spent to it, and you can only add a minimum of $5, not 40cents
    #3 - After having Steam Wallet money, THEN you can buy an item for 40 cents or whatever.

4. If I were you, join some of the free app services like Gnome Escape, and find someone to trade $5 steam gc for $10 of ios credit or something. Anyway, good luck.

5. Jordanrracer

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Hmm, thanks. I tried the Reddit trade section and I got two people, I think I'll be making a deal.

:p